Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help please 😊

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
How do you get anything done?? My Ds is 6 days old and always wants to eat. I'm all for it but I can't get anything done. This is my first time making it this far exclusively breastfedsing I don't want to stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Well 6 days after giving birth you shouldn't be doing that much any way but I wear my babies. They like it because they can be close to me and nurse all they want and my hands are free.
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I simply don't. Yesterday was the first time I did laundry in 3 weeks. Do you have anyone to help you?

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Those first 3-6 weeks are grueling. All baby, baby, baby. If you don't need to keep it alive, leave it for someone else to do. If you think the baby is crazy demanding at a week, wait until the growth spurts hit. Find a comfortable chair, some snacks and a big glass of water and hunker down nursing and catching up on Netflix. Guilt free. You're still growing a baby. Nursing takes more calories than pregnancy. Your dh can jog on a treadmill next to you while you're nursing and you'll burn more calories. You're getting plenty done. :-)
mamabens
by Miranda on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:23 PM

This happens for a reason, it's natures way of telling you to slow down and heal. You just had a baby, you need to rest. 

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:41 PM

You DON'T. New babies are an excuse to leave things undone. Would you ask a heart attack victim to mow the lawn a few days after coming home? You've had similar bodily stress, even with an easy birth, so cut yourself slack. Moms who try to get things done can get themselves sent back to the hospital with excessive bleeding.

Admission to see the baby is a chore or a casserole. And no one worth being ever had the words "World's Greatest Housekeeper" on her tombstone. **smile**

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:47 PM
You only need to feed yourself, your new baby, and any household members unable to feed themselves. A wrap or sling is a must for your baby if you have other small children. Diposable dishes and utensils for the moment.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:58 PM
I was still resting. My husband takes 3-4 weeks
Off and takes care of things.
Lala06
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:28 PM
I do I just kinda feel like a bum not doing anything 😶 but after reading these comments I feel better I'm not alone with leaving things be 😊

Quoting KREX0914:

I simply don't. Yesterday was the first time I did laundry in 3 weeks. Do you have anyone to help you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Anyone who accuses you of being a bum gets whacked with a broom, then told to USE the broom. **grin**

Quoting Lala06: I do I just kinda feel like a bum not doing anything 😶 but after reading these comments I feel better I'm not alone with leaving things be 😊
Quoting KREX0914:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN