Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Fourth!

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
I breasted my 3 children... But was a SAH mom... Now I'm a working basically divorcing single mom... About to have our fourth.

Will I have time & patience to breast feed? My others are all under age 8
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:26 PM
It will be much easier than having to buy formula, mix it correctly and wash bottles. Some of the most successful breastfeeding moms work full-time. Nights are made much easier when co-sleeping. A baby sling or wrap is a must.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Yep!

Quoting MusherMaggie: It will be much easier than having to buy formula, mix it correctly and wash bottles. Some of the most successful breastfeeding moms work full-time. Nights are made much easier when co-sleeping. A baby sling or wrap is a must.
Moxiesbuddy
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Congrats on #4! I'm sorry you're going through a divorce at this time and hope you'll have the help you need.

You will certainly be busy no matter what feeding option you choose, but nursing your babe will provide that great immunity at the start ~ and help your body recover. Depending on when you have to return to work, it'll keep you bonded for mornings and evenings, or however you need to adjust. I used to joke that it was the one time I could actually sit down during my day and relax. =)  Your other kids will be a lot of help as you recover. Take good care, friend.

Moxiesbuddy

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:50 PM

YEP you can do it momma!!!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Yep. Indeed, the most successful nursing moms I've known, in terms of going one year and beyond, were NOT SAHM. They were working outside the home, usually full time, sometimes full time plus extra.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)