Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

HELP! (Pics) Last UPDATE

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:27 PM
  • 20 Replies

Thanks ladies for all of your help and advice. The Dr agreed it appears to be a mild case off foot and mouth disease. When we left home there were no spots on his hands. By the time we arrived he had one on his foot and two small spots on his hands. It was funny when the nurse took his temp by ear it read 99.6. She was a young new nurse. I laughed and said that isn't right I don't believe hun. I explained that I thought he was much warmer then that. So she rechecked his rectal temp and it was 102.7. She looked at me and said "your good" LoL after four kiddos you get pretty good at gauging a temperature by feel! So now we are just waiting it out and hoping it doesn't get much worse! Thank you again for everything ladies!!

Now he is running a 102.6 fever. So I made him an apt at 2:30 to get checked out. It may all be nothing, could just be a fluke, but I figured I might as well be sure. I will update when we get home! Thanks ladies!

So I noticed yesterday or the day before that my 10 month old has red blotches on his lips. I didnt think too much about it, but now today I noticed white like blisters in his cheeks. I tried to get pictures...Anyone know how hard it is to get pics of the inside of a 10 month olds mouth. IT WASN'T easy. Could this be something concerning?

I am trying to think back to the past week or so, he went through a spell of extreme fussiness where he didn't want to nurse at all one day. Since then he has been a bit more fussy then normal but he has nursed a lot! Not sure if any of that is connected. 

Here are the pics best I could get anyway.

You can see the inside of his bottom lip has some red blotches. And it looks like his tongue has red spots too. 

And here is the inside of his cheek...he was getting upset with me now...the one on the left is at the corner of his mouth. Then he has one on the far back right cheek.

As far as nursing we have had no problems. Although recently I noticed his latch was off. I have been working on it. He has done a lot of clucking, or just not latching on right. Because of that I noticed my nipples look a little chapped. But I have no pain! 

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Also he does suck on his tongue and lips a lot could it just be from that?

Analugojana
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't really see anything concerning... And sucking on lips and cheeks is normal.
NoraDun
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Alright thanks hun!!

Quoting Analugojana: I don't really see anything concerning... And sucking on lips and cheeks is normal.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I don't see anything abnormal in any of these pics??

NoraDun
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Thank you! I was hoping I was just over reacting!

Quoting stepconfused182:

I don't see anything abnormal in any of these pics??

LoveMyBug2013
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I see in the corner of his mouth with the black circle.  Could it be thrush?

LittleRed80
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:38 AM

I can't really see much from the pics. Any fever? Any spots on his hands or feet? I was thinking of coxsackie virus, but they usually have it on their hands and feet, too if that is the case.

NoraDun
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM

He just started running a 102.6 fever yesterday afternoon. The two may not be commected but I made an apt to get him checked out today at 2:30 Hey doesnt have anything on his hands or feet though

Quoting LittleRed80:

I can't really see much from the pics. Any fever? Any spots on his hands or feet? I was thinking of coxsackie virus, but they usually have it on their hands and feet, too if that is the case.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:02 AM
As soon as you threw the fever on there I wondered about Coxsackie. My friends kids got it in their mouth only while her husband had it only on his hands.

Quoting NoraDun:

He just started running a 102.6 fever yesterday afternoon. The two may not be commected but I made an apt to get him checked out today at 2:30 Hey doesnt have anything on his hands or feet though

Quoting LittleRed80:

NoraDun
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Is that mouth and foot?? Or whatever its called? Never had any experience with it. Is it pretty contagious, the rest of us have no symptoms for now

Quoting mostlymaydays: As soon as you threw the fever on there I wondered about Coxsackie. My friends kids got it in their mouth only while her husband had it only on his hands.
Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting LittleRed80:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN