Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I think it's time to quit

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:53 PM
  • 18 Replies
7 moms liked this

So my mother just informed me (over the phone in casual conversation) that she thinks it's time I quit breastfeeding.  After all, Jayse IS 6 months old.  I informed her that I think it's time she quit telling me what to do.  After all, I AM 36 years old.

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out" ~Dr. Seuss

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Nice comeback! ;-)
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Nice comeback!  Does she feel the same way about formula fed babies?

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Love the comeback..what difference is it to her if you stop?

Ask her is she thinks raising her grandsons risks for cancers, illnesses and SIDS is what shes wanting you to do

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Good one!
dx1066
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM
She thinks babies should only be breastfed as newborns. Says there's nothing wrong with formula. It was made to be betterthan breast milk.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Nice comeback!  Does she feel the same way about formula fed babies?

dx1066
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Considering her hypochondriac ways she should be on board with breastfeeding.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Love the comeback..what difference is it to her if you stop?

Ask her is she thinks raising her grandsons risks for cancers, illnesses and SIDS is what shes wanting you to do

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:34 PM

There's a YouTube video, I beleive done by a chemist, showing what goes into formula. Someone may have the link, whcih you can pass on to your mom. And mention the FDA doesn't regulate the content of formula beyond allowable amounts of insect parts and rodent feces.

dx1066
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Oh wow. That's just gross. She wouldn't believe it though. She is all about conspiracies. Easier to nod my head and avoid the subject. She will always defend formula because that's how she fed my sister and me.

Quoting gdiamante:

There's a YouTube video, I beleive done by a chemist, showing what goes into formula. Someone may have the link, whcih you can pass on to your mom. And mention the FDA doesn't regulate the content of formula beyond allowable amounts of insect parts and rodent feces.

greenlove2013
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:41 PM
My brother told me I should have stopped at 3 months. My mom says give your baby some milk, fatten him up.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Ah, so she thinks it's all about HER parenting. Tell her it;s not, she did dandy. You're working on current knowledge just as SHE was, and likely your grandmother also criticized things SHE did.

Quoting dx1066: Oh wow. That's just gross. She wouldn't believe it though. She is all about conspiracies. Easier to nod my head and avoid the subject. She will always defend formula because that's how she fed my sister and me.
Quoting gdiamante:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN