Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

don't know what it might be. help!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:17 AM
  • 8 Replies
I have these two little holes/punctures on my breast on the areola. They hurt and I just noticed them like 30 mins ago. I don't know if it may be where my little one has bite me or what. I send a pic to my sis. She's as clueless as I am.
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Analugojana
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:51 AM
I don't know of any condition that would cause holes so my thinking is bite marks. I'd say breast milk and coconut oil are your best bets. Keep the area as clean as you can (no soap though). Nursing manners for the little one.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:30 PM
That is strange, i expect teeth marks if it was from a bite.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Look up blebs on Kellymom.com and see if anything sounds familiar.
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I used Google image after looking it up on Kellymom ... Now I'm terrified! 

Quoting MusherMaggie: Look up blebs on Kellymom.com and see if anything sounds familiar.

lizz08
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Mobile Photo

Sorry for the pic but I still can't match it to anything. :( I have two more little marks like that except smaller and on the nipple.

Don't mind the purple thing. It's something on my phone that I can't seem to take off.
Exsxfxy
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Could it be a spider bite? If it was teeth you would have felt it. Unless baby is resting teeth on nipple and over time it has slowly created a scratch. Dumb question, does baby have top and bottom front teeth?

lizz08
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Yes. She has 8 teeth total. I put a picture above of how it looks.

Quoting Exsxfxy:

Could it be a spider bite? If it was teeth you would have felt it. Unless baby is resting teeth on nipple and over time it has slowly created a scratch. Dumb question, does baby have top and bottom front teeth?

Exsxfxy
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:53 PM

I would think its just babys teeth. Try and make sure her latch is correct each time. Air dry after feelings, pump on that breast if nursing hurts too badly. If it becomes infected or other symptoms pop up I'd call my dr.

Quoting lizz08: Yes. She has 8 teeth total. I put a picture above of how it looks.
Quoting Exsxfxy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN