Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

World Breastfeeding Week Celebration: Share Your Tips

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM
  • 8 Replies

We are concluding our celebration of World Breastfeeding Week today. 

Today, share your tips for breastfeeding. Perhaps, it's something you didn't know initially, clever tricks you learned or ways that made breastfeeding easier for you.

We hope you've enjoyed participating in the celebration!

you rock    breastfeeding

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
loveyourenemy
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:13 PM
I'm getting in here because I need tips for my baby due in September. Hoping to ebf this time and not need to supplement
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Make sure to drink lots of water throughout the day. Eat healthy and eat at least 1800-2200 calories to keep up milk production.

Watch baby's latch. If his/her lip is sucked in, gently adjust the lips to go around your areola. Detachment is easiest by sticking your finger in to break suction.

What you get from pumping is not the same as what baby eats. Pumps are not as efficient as babies. I EBF, but can only pump 1/2 oz at at time usually.
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM
My best tip. Diaper count. Anytime you feel like you may not be doing good, count diapers for the day. Pumping means nothing, babies attitude means nothing, how your breasts feel means nothing. Diapers. What goes in must come out.
Occasionally, I still count diapers even at 10m BF my third child, just to see.
Mama2boys418
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Invest in 2 hands-free pumping bras!! I have one in my car and one at home. When going back to work it works very well for me to pump on my way to work and from work and then I only have to pump once during my lunch hour. Using a hands-free anything helps you to do other tasks like checking email, making phone calls or just sitting and relaxing! I have a converter for the plug in so you do not have to buy batteries all the time. This has worked so well for me so I do not have to cut into time at home to pump in the mornings and evenings to keep my supply regular. Then my baby breastfeeds at night and then on the weekends when I am home. :)

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:28 PM
I learned how much of a determined stubborn mama I am lol :) there is so much I learned, and most of it was through experience, not necessarily something thay could be read, it was the heart of breastfeeding. How breastfeeding could effect our bond, a comfort for anything, a way to keep my babies close, something we both needed. I learned each child's personality through our bfeding relationship, and it is so neat to see them to continue to grow as they move on to new things.
smurfy88
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:22 PM
I have no tips, I am always asking for help, but I'm watching this thread for good tips!
Analugojana
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Hurting beyond the first 2 weeks is not normal. Have the baby checked for lip and tongue ties if breastfeeding continues to be painful despite all the efforts to get a good latch. Invest in a baby carrier.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:10 PM

moms are often told to trust their gut, trust their instincts, but that is TOTALLY not true for a mom that has either not been around BFing as the norm OR has been a FFing mom before.  Those things lead to your mind having different norms, different expectations and what yur gut feels doesnt ring true.  I have been there myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN