Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

biting with no teeth

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
dd is gumming me it hurts so bad. she is teething but does not have teeth yet and im scared for when they do come through.
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Linley uses me as a human pacifier, too. I bait and switch to a binky when she gets on a biting kick. I put her back at the breast a few minutes later if I think she's hungry and repeat if she starts biting again. It's the only system I can come up with so far. Let me know if you think of anything better :)

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Go ahead and treat the teething pain about 15-30 minutes before nursing. Raw sweet onion rubbed on the gums, amber teething necklace, Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets, Tylenol; if she is six months or older, infant ibuprofen. Try to catch her before she bites and unlatch her. If she does bite, without reaction, unlatch her, set her down in a safe boring place and walk away for 3-5 minutes. Look in the resources sticky for an article called "When Babies Attack!"
blessedmommy85
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:54 PM
she has a necklace and I just started giving Tylenol. see with ds he would bite at the end when he was finished and playing and I did put him down and leave the room and it worked well, she bites out of no where, the first few times I thought she was pinching me but realize her hands were no where near and it was her biting me. Thanks ill check it out.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Go ahead and treat the teething pain about 15-30 minutes before nursing. Raw sweet onion rubbed on the gums, amber teething necklace, Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets, Tylenol; if she is six months or older, infant ibuprofen. Try to catch her before she bites and unlatch her. If she does bite, without reaction, unlatch her, set her down in a safe boring place and walk away for 3-5 minutes. Look in the resources sticky for an article called "When Babies Attack!"
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Yeah, gums hurt!!!
My newborn bits me from oal. Her gums are probably bothering her, give her something for teething. And when she bites down take her off the breast.
NoraDun
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I was really worried about my youngest son. From about 4 wks on he would bite down so badly. I would scream out in pain. I knew I was going to lose a nipple once the teeth came through! Thank goodness when his first tooth popped through at 5 months I only had to get after him a couple times and he stopped!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN