Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

My left breast is empty

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:30 PM
  • 6 Replies
Not really but it seems like it. Brayden has been having a tough time with my left side recently. My right has always been a bigger producer. On the left, he'll latch for a couple mins and then be off and on constantly. He's not frustrated or upset though.

When this starts to happen should I call it quits on that side or do I need him to keep trying? He's 3 1/2 months, btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:58 PM
I would keep offering, especially after he nurses on the "good" side. Is it possible he is beginning to teethe or warming up to an ear infection?
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I always offer the left but mine always prefer the right lol..lefty is a good back up at growth spurt time!

justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Has he seen a chiropractor.? He may need an adjustment.
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Teething is possible for sure. We call him "drool monster". Will his lack of time on that side impact my supply?

Quoting MusherMaggie: I would keep offering, especially after he nurses on the "good" side. Is it possible he is beginning to teethe or warming up to an ear infection?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Not really. This is no different than being right or left handed; we all have a side that produces less and that impacts his willingness to be there. You can offer or not. Mom's choice. No harm no foul to him either way. YOU will notice even less symmetry if you don't offer.

He sounds quite normal.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: Teething is possible for sure. We call him "drool monster". Will his lack of time on that side impact my supply?
Quoting MusherMaggie: I would keep offering, especially after he nurses on the "good" side. Is it possible he is beginning to teethe or warming up to an ear infection?

Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Thanks

Quoting gdiamante:

Not really. This is no different than being right or left handed; we all have a side that produces less and that impacts his willingness to be there. You can offer or not. Mom's choice. No harm no foul to him either way. YOU will notice even less symmetry if you don't offer.

He sounds quite normal.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: Teething is possible for sure. We call him "drool monster". Will his lack of time on that side impact my supply?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN