Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

very frustrated and trying to remember that it's all worth it....

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm very very frustrated. I had my son in December and he is ebf. It's taken work but we've done very very well at it. I had him via emergency C section due to pre eclampsia however, and I am having major problems with my stomach. It didn't shrink back, hardly at all. I can't even button my jeans over it. My pre pregnancy clothes fit great except for that one area. I've tried going a size bigger but I have very slim legs so then they end up baggy and saggy all over except my stomach.

I had a c section with dd too but it wasn't nearly this bad.

I'm going crazy. I literally can't buy jeans because it's impossible to find any that fit me. I'm still wearing my maternity jeans (the kind that don't have a belly pouch, just the wife elastic band) or yoga pants or my work slacks all the time, and it's been Nearly 8 months.

I have seriously considered a tummy tuck but I can't do that till I'm done bf as far as I know....I mean I have a lot of milk frozen so I guess I could but I don't want to risk losing my supply.

I'm just frustrated after yet another failed shopping trip, sitting here breathing and reminding myself that this is all worth it.
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Crob4
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Spanx! I bounced right back after my first c section. My second, not so much. I'm sorry you had a rough shopping trip, that's never fun.
shortyali
by Alicia on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:41 PM

My 3rd has done me in.  I can wear my pre-pregnancy clothes except the stomach area.  I found jeans that have s type of spanks in the front area so that helps some but still its gross looking.  Im 20 months pp and have done sit ups and core exercises but still its not going away :(

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 6:53 PM
My fourth messed me up. My prepregnancy jeans won't go past my thighs much less button.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Quoting luckystars2012: I'm very very frustrated. I had my son in December and he is ebf. It's taken work but we've done very very well at it. I had him via emergency C section due to pre eclampsia however, and I am having major problems with my stomach. It didn't shrink back, hardly at all.
Not at all uncommon for women. Eight months in I'd be surprised if you found anything different.
I can't even button my jeans over it. My pre pregnancy clothes fit great except for that one area. I've tried going a size bigger but I have very slim legs so then they end up baggy and saggy all over except my stomach. I had a c section with dd too but it wasn't nearly this bad. I'm going crazy. I literally can't buy jeans because it's impossible to find any that fit me. I'm still wearing my maternity jeans (the kind that don't have a belly pouch, just the wife elastic band) or yoga pants or my work slacks all the time, and it's been Nearly 8 months. I have seriously considered a tummy tuck but I can't do that till I'm done bf as far as I know....I mean I have a lot of milk frozen so I guess I could but I don't want to risk losing my supply. I'm just frustrated after yet another failed shopping trip, sitting here breathing and reminding myself that this is all worth it.
First thing: Marilyn Monroe had a pooch. Sexiest woman who ever breathed, and she had a pooch. 
I found I couldn't shop where I used to. I went to Lane Bryant and found a miracle with their Venezia jeans; they handled everything from the belly to the spread of the hips. Lee Riders are pretty good too.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM
And there's no reason why having a tummy tuck would keep you from breastfeeding anymore than having the c section did.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:49 PM

True! None of the stuff you'd be given is dangerous. THe only worry is the incision. (Had my gall bladder removed at eight months. Back to nursing the instant I was home, but switched to pumping for a bit because my son was a kicker and seemed to think my incisions were footballs!)

Quoting MusherMaggie: And there's no reason why having a tummy tuck would keep you from breastfeeding anymore than having the c section did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN