Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! First post here

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
Well in this group I mean.

So I have twin almost 5 month old twin girls that I exclusively pump for. I've cut my pumping down to four times a day. I'm wanting to cut out the 3rd session as it's a very stressful time of day for me and busiest and i don't get much milk. I skipped it once and when I did my final pump before bed I got almost double.

My question is, will it effect my supply skipping that one session if I'm still pumping later and longer?

One more question, I've been randomly having light brownish spotting more frequently, is my body getting ready for periods again? Have the cramps too but I always have them due to endometriosis. Sorry if this is too much or too long!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Analugojana
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Congratulations! And welcome! Do the babies also receive formula? 4 times a day s seems very little already. And yes, if you reduce even further your supply will diminish. Most moms who fully pump, pump every 2 hours during the day and every 3 at night. How many ounces a day do they receive.? Any solids as well?
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Yes, it will cut your supply. Do they nurse at all? And yes, the less you pump, the more likely your period will return.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

jella31
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Hi, yes they got two eight ounce bottles of formula a day. Once before bed and one during the night. They get 4 to 5 oz of breast milk every three hours during the day. I simply can't pump anymore. I was more of wreck when I was following the previous schedule. I pump about 42oz to 48 a day. So I don't have a stash nor do I really want one since the milk changes when frozen anyway. I know better than formula but still. They started the formula with added rice when they had severe reflux.

Quoting Analugojana: Congratulations! And welcome! Do the babies also receive formula? 4 times a day s seems very little already. And yes, if you reduce even further your supply will diminish. Most moms who fully pump, pump every 2 hours during the day and every 3 at night. How many ounces a day do they receive.? Any solids as well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jella31
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM
No they do not. So many problems when we started and I couldn't handle it with both of them. I do try to latch at least once a day. One will suck for a minute or two and then just plays with it lol the other looks at me like im crazy when I try to put her lol

Quoting MusherMaggie: Yes, it will cut your supply. Do they nurse at all? And yes, the less you pump, the more likely your period will return.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Actually they only need 30 ounces a day tops. Use slow flow newborn nipples always, feed them in a sitting position, bottle parallel to the floor, burping after every ounce.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Analugojana
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM
You are actually very close to full brestmilk feeding. 24-30 ounces per day per baby. With 48 ounces you're at the minimum.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Stupid me! I forgot there are twins!
jella31
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Lol it's ok

Quoting MusherMaggie: Stupid me! I forgot there are twins!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)