Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What is your breastfeeding goal?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 218 Replies

What is your breastfeeding goal? If you are no longer breastfeeding, what was your goal?

woohoo breastfeeding

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GE1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I am already at 31 months and DS only nurses every other day. My goal was originally 6 months (since I did not know much). Then when we got there, I really wanted to reach a year (this group has been a great support). Then I wanted to go on another year but at 31 months, DS is slowing down

hapababies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:10 AM
I never made any goals. I just went with the baby's flow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I didn't make any goals in terms of length. My goal was not to use formula. My son had maybe two bottles in the nursery (complications after cesarean section) and one another time when I didn't have enough pumped and was reluctant to NIP. My daughter got all of hers straight from the tap. Both nursed past their sixth birthdays.
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Goal: 2 years.
We have made it 4 months together, so far.
Start work again on Friday. Wish us luck!

Serabeth06
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:09 AM

I really never set a goal. I just had the babies and let them nurse until they stopped. I'll do the same this time around.

happymama2D
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:11 AM
With my first, my goal went in increments of weeks ... six, twelve and so on. I had a really tough time of it getting started but we actually ended up going until nineteen months. :) My second I wanted to go at least one year and went until he was three. I'm currently nursing my third and again want to go at least a year and then play it ear.
noey31308
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:11 AM
I haven't really made a long term goal. I was unable to ebf with my first two and had to stop completely after 3 weeks I'm at 2 weeks ebf with this one and am going great so in just happy each day we keep going. Taking it a day ata atime
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:14 AM
To nurse until she weans.
228mommy922
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:14 AM
My goal with dd was a year and no formula. We made it four months with out formula and to 11 months breastfeeding.

Ds will be here soon and my goal is the same hopefully this time we make it.
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:22 AM
My ultimate minimum was/is 2 in accordance with the WHO recommended minimum. My first made it to over 4. My second to 2½. My third is just 10m so he has a while to go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN