Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mastitis?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:22 PM
  • 4 Replies
I never thought I'd be dealing with oversupply issues! Maisy is 3 months on the 15th and everything is going great with her now. I pump 6-10 oz every morning and that's even if she nurses in the night. We just had our 3 month growth spurt I think (she's been nursing several times in the night) and last night she slept through again. Woke up with a fever, blockages in my left breast all the way up into my arm pit, aches... This happens every time she has a growth spurt. Should I slowly wean down my morning session? I tried to skip it one morning and was a leaking mess lol. I don't need the milk, but I've been giving it to my SIL for her tied baby and would feel bad if I couldn't help her (revision is scheduled for next week!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hismommy2010
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Worry about your baby. Its great you wanna help ur sis. But it causing issues for you & urs
CatLady16
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I just went on here to post avout mastitis. Oh my goodness, I woke up yesterday and my right boob was in so much pain, then my whole body got achy and I was burning hot. This morning everything was fine. Im pretty sure it was thhe mastitis, didnt know a milk duct could cause so much pain!
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I would have pumped in the middle of the night just enough for relief if she slept through.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Do what you can ti avoid engorgment. Pump just enough to relief that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)