Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do things like fenugreek and brewers yeast change your milk nutrition...

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:44 PM
  • 6 Replies
it makes you have more milk obviously but is it a larger increase in fore milk? how do you get an increase in the fattier higher calorie hindmilk?
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:41 AM
I have heard the fenugreek helps not only in quantity, but also in substance, but I dont knowthe evidence behind that.

Also, your milk will change depending on baby's needs. I think the book "the womanly art of breastfeeding" has the info in it. For instance on hot days it may be less fatty and more watery to keep baby more hydrated....maybe.because mom drinks more water? Sorry, it has been a while since I read up on it, so please dont quote me, but if you have that book I think the answer may be in there.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:17 AM
No. Your body majes only one kind of milk. The only way to increase fat content in your milk is to do breast compressions while nursing or pumping.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM
You don't. Your body makes the milk with the nutritional content it's supposed to have, naturally.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Foremilk and hind milk generally have the same nutrition...its a fat content thing

blessedmommy85
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Thanks ladies I figured I was wrong just a myth I believed I guess. The reason is im going to try building up a freezer stash soon and might need to take it to boost supply and I didn't want to mess with my milk nutrition.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)