Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Still not pregnant?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 2:22 PM
  • 18 Replies

I have done everything you ladies have suggested and I'm still not pregnant. I'm taking cited, trying every other day, knowing ovulation signs. I've cut down on nursing, my 3 year old only nurses less than 15 minutes a day. Does anybody have any other suggestions? We're so ready for baby #2!!

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 16, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Has your cycle started yet?
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM
I'm one of those people who never gets pregnant while breastfeeding. With my youngest, I didn't get my cycle back until she was 26 months old. The first few were no ovulation and they were 17-45 days apart. I swear as long as I'm nursing at all, even just once a day or a little less, my luteal phase is always too short to support a pregnancy. The month after she weaned (she was 39 months) I got pregnant. Sadly that one ended in a miscarriage, but I did get pregnant again a year later. Are you charting? Wondering how your luteal phase looks.
Rosehawk
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Stress and trying too hard made it harder for us to conceive #3. It took 2 years, 1 month from my last depo shot. We'd both nearly completely given up when it finally happened.

I now have a 10 year old, a 7 year old, and a 12 week old.

poosey08
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Quoting Precious333: Has your cycle started yet?

Yes, it started when my son was 4 months old. He's 3 years old now.

poosey08
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Quoting mostlymaydays: I'm one of those people who never gets pregnant while breastfeeding. With my youngest, I didn't get my cycle back until she was 26 months old. The first few were no ovulation and they were 17-45 days apart. I swear as long as I'm nursing at all, even just once a day or a little less, my luteal phase is always too short to support a pregnancy. The month after she weaned (she was 39 months) I got pregnant. Sadly that one ended in a miscarriage, but I did get pregnant again a year later. Are you charting? Wondering how your luteal phase looks.

Yeah, I'm starting to think I'm one of those too. I'm keeping track and my literal phase is short sometimes, but some months it's ok. I know the signs for ovulation, but how do you know if you didn't ovulate that month?

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Try yams, not sweet potatoes. It helps increase your estrogen i think. I started taking these wild yam suppliments after I miscarried and it fixed my cycles and I ended up pregnant.

Quoting poosey08:

Quoting mostlymaydays: I'm one of those people who never gets pregnant while breastfeeding. With my youngest, I didn't get my cycle back until she was 26 months old. The first few were no ovulation and they were 17-45 days apart. I swear as long as I'm nursing at all, even just once a day or a little less, my luteal phase is always too short to support a pregnancy. The month after she weaned (she was 39 months) I got pregnant. Sadly that one ended in a miscarriage, but I did get pregnant again a year later. Are you charting? Wondering how your luteal phase looks.

Yeah, I'm starting to think I'm one of those too. I'm keeping track and my literal phase is short sometimes, but some months it's ok. I know the signs for ovulation, but how do you know if you didn't ovulate that month?

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Try yams, not sweet potatoes. It helps increase your estrogen i think. I started taking these wild yam suppliments after I miscarried and it fixed my cycles and I ended up pregnant.

Quoting poosey08:

poosey08
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Quoting Precious333: Try yams, not sweet potatoes. It helps increase your estrogen i think. I started taking these wild yam suppliments after I miscarried and it fixed my cycles and I ended up pregnant.
Quoting poosey08:

Thanks! Will try it!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM
I wouldn't have a temperature shift. And I'd skip the EWCM and my cervix never got that soft, high, open thing going on.

Quoting poosey08:

newmelly2009
by Melissa on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I've heard of yams for progesterone. As we get older we may need progesterone supplements during or before pregnancy. Before pregnancy it will help thicken your lining to be able to concieve. First things first start charting and see if your even ovulating. Google fertility friend and start charting. It's the best thing out there

Quoting poosey08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)