Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Teething? Growth spurt? WTH?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 3:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

My baby is 12 weeks today (already??). For a week or two now her habits have changed. I don't know exactly how long each has been going on, but long enough for me to notice the change (I can be oblivious sometimes), but no more than a month.

She's figured out how to get MY fingers into her mouth
She'll slobber, lick, suck, gnaw on my fingers
Has been more fussy lately. Usually she's all smiles and laughs all the time.
Will nap for less than 20 minutes then wakes up again
Wants to nurse every hour
Will sleep for almost an hour in the "nursing position", as long as my boob is hanging out. If I try to move her, or put myself away, she's instantly awake.
While nursing, will nurse for 10-15 minutes on one side and fall asleep.

Her diapers are fine, little less poopy, but still wet.

I KNOW she's growing. Socks that fit her last week are too small this week. 

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mcmlxxxv
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:04 PM
That sounds EXACTLY like my daughter. Like, I could have written this myself. Except mine is 15 weeks (16? I lost count) and she's been this way for about 2 weeks. I can't tell you why, but I guess it's probably not too unusual! She also stopped sleeping through the night this week. Boo. She's been sleeping through the night since late June. It was fun while it lasted :/
Rosehawk
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Oh yeah, just this past week has she really started sleeping through the night. I'm talking 9pm-8am.

Quoting mcmlxxxv: That sounds EXACTLY like my daughter. Like, I could have written this myself. Except mine is 15 weeks (16? I lost count) and she's been this way for about 2 weeks. I can't tell you why, but I guess it's probably not too unusual! She also stopped sleeping through the night this week. Boo. She's been sleeping through the night since late June. It was fun while it lasted :/

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Too bad babies didn't have indicator lights like cars: low fuel, low tire pressure, check engine. It very well could be a growth spurt. Or preteething. Milestones. Just a stage. All 4 of mine had these rough patches though mine didn't have sleep disturbances because they weren't sleeping so well in the first place. My babies pretty much only napped if they were glued to me. If I was lucky it was when something good was on TV and I could just enjoy it for an hour.
Rosehawk
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Tell me about it. You'd think I'd be a Baby Master by now, this is my third child. But, I've forgotten all this baby stuff. My other two are 10 and 7.

I SO wish kids would come with an owner's manual, or a trouble shooting guide at the VERY least.

Quoting mostlymaydays: Too bad babies didn't have indicator lights like cars: low fuel, low tire pressure, check engine. It very well could be a growth spurt. Or preteething. Milestones. Just a stage. All 4 of mine had these rough patches though mine didn't have sleep disturbances because they weren't sleeping so well in the first place. My babies pretty much only napped if they were glued to me. If I was lucky it was when something good was on TV and I could just enjoy it for an hour.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I just had my 5th three days ago and there are plenty of things that still confuse the heck out of me. I'm watching the baby breathe and squeak in its sleep, and I'm freaking out over the "abnormal" breathing pattern and weird noises. And for heavens sake no one should let my husband or me change those meconium diapers because we are like a couple of fools with that. They're all different, for better or worse. As soon as you figure one out, another one comes along who seems to have different programming.

Quoting Rosehawk:

Tell me about it. You'd think I'd be a Baby Master by now, this is my third child. But, I've forgotten all this baby stuff. My other two are 10 and 7.

I SO wish kids would come with an owner's manual, or a trouble shooting guide at the VERY least.

Quoting mostlymaydays: Too bad babies didn't have indicator lights like cars: low fuel, low tire pressure, check engine. It very well could be a growth spurt. Or preteething. Milestones. Just a stage. All 4 of mine had these rough patches though mine didn't have sleep disturbances because they weren't sleeping so well in the first place. My babies pretty much only napped if they were glued to me. If I was lucky it was when something good was on TV and I could just enjoy it for an hour.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Three months. This is your regularly scheduled bonding test. If you have neither eaten the baby nor thrown her out the window, bonding is good. **grin**

Yes, teething AND growth spurt.

Rosehawk
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:37 PM

ROFLOL

Thanks, I needed that.

Quoting gdiamante:

Three months. This is your regularly scheduled bonding test. If you have neither eaten the baby nor thrown her out the window, bonding is good. **grin**

Yes, teething AND growth spurt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)