Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Dry diaper

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
My supply took a huge hit after my mastitis. Maisy has been super fussy since then and constantly trying to nurse, getting frustrated, lots of crying. Her diaper has been the last 3 hours or so. When should I start worrying? I can't take fenugreek (unless I want to have a massive migraine for my birthday), I also have dom. I'm getting some steel cut oats in town. We were doing so good :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaMandy56
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I had a slight oversupply and was afraid I was getting mastitis so I cut the amount I pumped in half...now I'm just barely making enough for baby...so regret doing that! Seems to be harder getting supply back up than to go down.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Can you wrap her or sling her and just leave her at the breast? Don't worry about time in the diaper, look at the number over 24 hrs, unless you see other signs of dehydration.
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:47 AM
That usually makes her just pass right out. The past 3 days she just screams and screams til she either falls asleep or I can finally convince her to nurse. Sometimes she strongly objects to the right side, but will take it after she finished the left. She's not refluxing as far as I can tell, not gassy, but she's gnawing in her hands a lot... I'm hoping it's just 3 month growth spurt and not reattachment :(

Quoting K8wizzo: Can you wrap her or sling her and just leave her at the breast? Don't worry about time in the diaper, look at the number over 24 hrs, unless you see other signs of dehydration.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:53 AM
What makes you think she's not getting enough? You shouldn't need to pump to keep your supply up if baby is nursing effectively. Maisy had a tongue tie revised, so she's a bit of a special case... Long back story with my other girls too!

Quoting MamaMandy56:

I had a slight oversupply and was afraid I was getting mastitis so I cut the amount I pumped in half...now I'm just barely making enough for baby...so regret doing that! Seems to be harder getting supply back up than to go down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:18 AM
What that sounds like to me is teething or growth spurt. Try not to worry so much. I know it's hard.
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Another mama in my DDG posted the same thing, lots of them responded with the same! So I'm trying to calm down lol. This is our first 3 month exclusively nursing experience, so I feel like a ftm all over again! I understand now, and am grateful for the reminds from my support team, why people think they're not making enough at this time! So glad I have this group :)

Quoting stepconfused182: What that sounds like to me is teething or growth spurt. Try not to worry so much. I know it's hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN