Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Wyatt 41 weeks adjusted (17 weeks old)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:36 AM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi mommy!!

He's figuring out how it works!!! :) 

Latched and nursing. He's doing really well, he figured out what they are for now.

Wyatt is currently at 3ml per hour, and before he can breastfeed exclusively he has to be around 20ml/hour or 60ml per 3 hour feed to come home. with them only going up 2x a week at like 1ml an hour, we have a long road ahead of us to get him home still. I'm not sure how long it will take but they kind of hesitate when you ask them if they think he'll be home by Halloween. :( 

I hope they are wrong and he gets to come home sooner.
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I love his chubby cheeks! He's so cute!

Do you think they'll ever bump up his feedings more than 1ml a week? I know they don't want to overwhelm his system, but hopefully they can bump it up faster in time. I'm sure it gets frustrating not having him home with you guys. He's doing so well though! He'll eventually get there. The best things in life are worth waiting for :-)
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
He has come such a long way, and he will continue to grow mama!!! You are doing great and so is he! Happy 41 weeks and happy breastfeeding! :)
kajira
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I hope so. but I have no idea what they'll end up doing.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906: I love his chubby cheeks! He's so cute! Do you think they'll ever bump up his feedings more than 1ml a week? I know they don't want to overwhelm his system, but hopefully they can bump it up faster in time. I'm sure it gets frustrating not having him home with you guys. He's doing so well though! He'll eventually get there. The best things in life are worth waiting for :-)

BraniOut
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
He is adorable!
locaporbebe
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
He is so big now. I bet this is the part where you start to get impatient. He is so close to being home with you. Focus on that. Hugs!
Analugojana
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Look at that beautiful latch! He looks great! You wouldn't know he's been through so much! Congratulations!
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh gosh, I love seeing the chub on him! How much does he weigh now? He's looking great, you must be so proud.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM
He looks awesome! His latch looks beautiful. With the little bit I'm going through I can not even begin to imagine your frustration. I very much hope they're wrong. I really can't imagine how long they're saying! Have you found other moms of micropreemies who have had it go like that?
newmelly2009
by Melissa on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope they are wrong too. He looks really good
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

HUGS momma, I am curios why they are gong up SO slowly?  know its important to do this gradually but he is term now and his stomach should be able to stretch and handle more and more quickly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN