Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Discreet pumping for work?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm going back to work soon. I have a very busy job (40+ hours/week). I am on the road a lot and when I'm in the office I have a cubicle with no privacy. Anyone have tips on pumping discreetly? I know I can get an adapter for my car but my windows are not tinted at all... Is there any way I can pump hands free without drawing too much attention? I really don't want to have to start supplementing with formula but I'm concerned that if I have to go sit in a supply closet for 30 minutes every time I need to pump it won't happen and my supply will dry up.
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Get a hands free pumping bra and throw a sweater over you. The only way you can tell you're pumping is the noise!
iSMILEheCRIES
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Hang a curtain across your curvy door if you want to pump at your desk. Even a do not disturb sign should be ok. Eventually word will spread to leave you be. That's all if you want to pump at your desk while multi tasking. If not someone else will chime in with the laws that protect you. Oh an me personally I pump more and quicker when I am working on something else, even better than just playing around.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Agree with step. And even if you do need to find a quiet private spot, 15 minutes should be fine. This is one of those times wehre you DO watch the clock, y'know?

MissSarah04
by Sarah on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:13 PM
I have a cubicle with a half wall and I have times where I can't leave my desk but am not really doing much besides reading and sorting emails so I was thinking I might try to discreetly hand pump at least once per day. I will use the pumping room (aka closet) on my two 15 min breaks and 1 30 min lunch but I remember always stressing about pumping enough with my oldest b/c I can only actually pump about 10-12 min during my 15 min break.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN