Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Normal? Possible tongue tie?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

Mobile Photo

Does his tongue look normal? I never noticed the band on the top of his tongue before.
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Looks like he has an anterior tie.
lovebugs_mom906
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I've been trying to get him looked at for a tongue tie, and have been told by 2 different pediatricians that he was fine. My DH caught this pic yesterday, and I thought it looked funny.

Quoting stepconfused182: Looks like he has an anterior tie.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:08 PM
I'm not surprised you have been told that and still wouldn't be if 10 peds had said it! Ankyloglossia is a very specific study and you have to take it upon yourself to become educated about it. Meaning, it's not taught in medical school. Have you looked at the tongue tie resources sticky on here? Join the tongue tie babies support group too if you're on Facebook.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906: I've been trying to get him looked at for a tongue tie, and have been told by 2 different pediatricians that he was fine. My DH caught this pic yesterday, and I thought it looked funny.

lovebugs_mom906
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:41 PM
I did, and I joined a Facebook group. I found a doctor nearby who I will be trying to get into so that he can be evaluated.

Quoting stepconfused182: I'm not surprised you have been told that and still wouldn't be if 10 peds had said it! Ankyloglossia is a very specific study and you have to take it upon yourself to become educated about it. Meaning, it's not taught in medical school. Have you looked at the tongue tie resources sticky on here? Join the tongue tie babies support group too if you're on Facebook.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906: I've been trying to get him looked at for a tongue tie, and have been told by 2 different pediatricians that he was fine. My DH caught this pic yesterday, and I thought it looked funny.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:48 PM
You may want to check under his top lip for a tie, also.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)