Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Postpartum depression UPDATE

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

UPDATE:

So I went to the Dr this morning.  He put me on Zoloft.  I thought I would feel better, but I don't.  Now I'm worried about it working, making me tired, how long I'm going to be on it, and just plain sad that I'm broken.  It's very hard for me to admit defeat, especially when it has to do with my children.  I can't even raise my children without being medicated in order to do so.

Wasn't really sure where to post this.  Tomorrow I have an appointment with my OBGYN for Postpartum Depression.  I really struggled and almost went to a bad place this February when my son was born, but I thought I was getting better.  The ugly monster has reared it's head again though.  No one knows I've felt this way, not even my husband.  I'm very good at making myself crap rainbows in front of others.  It's time to stop treading water and make it to shore, so today I told my mother and my husband, and I made an appointment for tomorrow morning.  I'm just hoping I can get better.

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out" ~Dr. Seuss

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LittleRed80
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Proud of you for taking the step to get help!
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:02 PM

hugs Oh hugs momma. I've been there before with my first son... I know how bd it can get... for me it was so I didn't even try to hide it... I tried meds but it didn't work... but i'm glad to sy i'm way past that now and you(peps in general) can over come it...

hang in there and keep your head up momma...

BraniOut
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM
I'm glad you are getting help. I went though it with my first baby. It was a dark place. It will get better though.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:16 PM
((Hugs!)) Postpartum depression is rough, hope you get all the help you need!
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I suffered through postpartum depression when my twins were born. It will get better. Good luck!

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

locaporbebe
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Glad you are getting help. I have heard ppd is awful. Good luck.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:30 PM
I had some post partum depression after my second baby. When I called some local psychiatrists the soonest they could see me was like 4 months off. Are you kidding me?!? Further depressing when you finally reach out for help and everyone is too busy.
Analugojana
by Christine on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:49 PM
That's awful! I had it too with my first. I was in Romania and people are totally uneducated about it there. For the op, it's great you're seeking help. Having it out in the open is a first step. Sunshine and rainbows when it actually rains doesn't help anyone.

Quoting mostlymaydays: I had some post partum depression after my second baby. When I called some local psychiatrists the soonest they could see me was like 4 months off. Are you kidding me?!? Further depressing when you finally reach out for help and everyone is too busy.
MistyMoo
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:08 PM
I had it after this last one. We were going through a lot of change around the time I had the baby and not just the obvious change of having another baby lol..
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Aug. 20, 2014 at 11:47 PM
I'm glad that you're seeking help! If you need medication, there ARE many that are safe to take while breastfeeding. Don't let anyone tell you different.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)