Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Bottle recommendtions - not OT, I swear

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:51 AM
  • 15 Replies

I am two weeks away from delivering my third little bundle of joy. I will be breastfeeding (again), but have hit a snag already. I have to return to work 8 weeks after she's born, which means pumping and bottles. With my first two, I used the Playtex drop-in style with the liners and they worked great for us. After my second, I thought we were done and got rid of a lot of baby things, bottles included, so I am having to replace a lot for this little surprise. I checked out two different Walmarts so far and have discovered that while they still sell the Playtex drop-in bottles, they've changed them and I just don't see that they are quite what I want anymore. What are some of your recommendations for bottles for breastfed babies, keeping in mind that I am on a very, VERY tight budget (especially since my maternity leave is unpaid)?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Aug. 23, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Aside from Playtex naturalatch, Dr Browns standard bottles are one if the best for breastfed babies. I had the with DS1 and loved them (aside from the extra parts because I had to hand wash) the only thing is they do leak if you go over the fill line, but as long as you mind the line, which you should have no problems doing if you are following the 1-1.25 oz/hour of separation rule, they are great! :-)
BraniOut
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 6:21 AM
I recently switched to the old school Evenflo glass bottles because I have excess lipase and storing in glass keeps it tasting better for longer for some reason. It turns out that DS has a much better time with these bottles because the flow of the nipple is much slower. We tried Playtex and Joovy before that and even the slowest flow just seemed too fast for him.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 6:24 AM
We just used the cheap Gerber ones. My kiddos liked them best. Next favored one was Avent.
masesmom
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 6:28 AM
I always had success with avent with my bfing lo's.
Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I've always done breast and bottles and my kids (3 of them) have been able to alternate between whatever was put in their mouth.  We've done Avent classic, Avent natural (new for this baby), Dr Browns, Soothie (no longer made), Playtex drop-ins, Medela and some various cheapies.  We've never had any type of issue.

Congrats!

KREX0914
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Linley has taken well to Medela 0-3 nipples.

ruthie11617
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Thanks for all of the advice!

melindabelcher
by mel on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM
I liked the playtex drop ins and avent(new version)
ambs86
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM
I am using the playtex vent air, the wide ones. Working really well.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Seriously, this is a case of "what will baby take?" THere are a few to avoid, though: Medela Calma and Mimijumi have been found to cause nursing problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)