Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

oh boy

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:16 AM
  • 8 Replies
My son loves doing certain things while bfing. It can be cute funny but sometimes annoying. He likes to play with my nipple which I hate. I have to keep telling him to stop and I cover myself and give it a few min before bfing again. I love when he holds my hands or plays with it or plays with my face but then he likes to grab my glasses lol. Omg and he pulls away while still latched on... owww! Oh and the biting smh. He does head stands and hand stands. He lays on his back on my stomach while still latched. He bf upside down. Hes just crazy. I find it funny how he bf and then crawls elsewhere on my bed and falls asleep. He signs milk but he still likes to pull at my shirt. What does your baby do?
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Mine talks 😑 it's annoying. Or she puts her feet in my face. Or slides off the couch with my nipple still in her mouth.
aztecqueen22
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:30 AM
Lol how old is she? Mines is almost a year. Oh ya he puts his feet in my face too. Oww.. I know that feeling.

Quoting nocalmegan: Mine talks 😑 it's annoying. Or she puts her feet in my face. Or slides off the couch with my nipple still in her mouth.
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:32 AM
19m. She's a monkey when she nurses. It's gotten to the point where I cut her off if she's messing around lol ESP since most of her nursing sessions are just drive bys anyways.

Quoting aztecqueen22: Lol how old is she? Mines is almost a year. Oh ya he puts his feet in my face too. Oww.. I know that feeling.

Quoting nocalmegan: Mine talks 😑 it's annoying. Or she puts her feet in my face. Or slides off the couch with my nipple still in her mouth.
aztecqueen22
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 2:35 AM
Lol. I do that too. Esp when im hungry.. he wants to nurse but plays around so I just take him off and go eat haha

Quoting nocalmegan: 19m. She's a monkey when she nurses. It's gotten to the point where I cut her off if she's messing around lol ESP since most of her nursing sessions are just drive bys anyways.

Quoting aztecqueen22: Lol how old is she? Mines is almost a year. Oh ya he puts his feet in my face too. Oww.. I know that feeling.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:04 AM
I consider the nipple twiddling the worst habit ever. I allowed my second ds to start doing that because it seemed innocent and it calmed him but my God I wanted to wean him because of that. It's very hard to break if you let them develop the habit. I had to nurse with my hand cupped over the other breast. There is the thought that babies do that to stimulate letdown but it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
aztecqueen22
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:18 AM
I sometimes have to cover my breast too. Oh really, never thought of that.

Quoting mostlymaydays: I consider the nipple twiddling the worst habit ever. I allowed my second ds to start doing that because it seemed innocent and it calmed him but my God I wanted to wean him because of that. It's very hard to break if you let them develop the habit. I had to nurse with my hand cupped over the other breast. There is the thought that babies do that to stimulate letdown but it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Nursing Manners. If he is doing something you don't like while nursing, unlatch him, set him in a boring, safe place and walk away, out of sight. You may have to do this a few times, but he will get the message.
Analugojana
by Christine on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Nursing manners are really successful. I wished I knew of it earlier. Now my 22 months old behaves. She's still moving some but nothing crazy. Hands are on my tummy or on my arms, not on my face. Feet down. If she's doing anything that hurts I just have to tell her to stop and she gets it. It's cute and all but it gets old fast.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)