Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Will Mother's milk help?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:19 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son was up all night nursing and crying. Well this morning I started my first pp cycle :(. He is almost 11 months, and I read it can decrease my supply as well as change the taste? He has never acted the way he did last night so I know now my cycle obviously has to be the cause. Would the tea help me and would I drink it throughout my cycle days? Tia!!!
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
You can try it, but you have to drink a lot each day for it to work. Taking a calcium/magnesium supplement can help with the temporary dip in supply related to your cycle.
LittleRed80
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I have had this problem with 2 out of 3 kids. In retrospect I think mine may have had to do with a combination of too many solids, and them sleeping through the night. I have the tea in my cupboard still. I think it's yucky and with the amount you have to drink it's not feasible. I would rather opt for the supplements in pill for if this happens again.
Also, if this happens again, I might try additional pumping to vamp up supply. I'm not sure if this will work. It usually ended up for me being 2 weeks out of every month that my supply was low and they were pissed! It made them want to turn to solids more and in turn away from breastfeeding milk even more... Even when my supply went back up.
I'm obviously not sure how to fix it if it happens again. With my dd my period didn't return until after she was completely weaned. The main difference with her was that I pumped a lot because I was working.
LucidDreamer90
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 12:39 AM
I've been drinking it sense I started breastfeeding and I noticed that on the days I dont have it my breast don't feel as full. I drink 2 -4 cups a day. It wont hurt to give it a shot. I put honey in mine as well. It's not very good without it.
masesmom
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:30 AM
I find that oatmeal helps my supply rather quickly. I eat the quick steel cut oats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)