Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Teeth and Breastfeeding

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 12:36 AM
  • 17 Replies
Should I be scared? I'm a little worried about my LO getting teeth soon....
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:14 AM
There's no reason to be scared. Most babies don't bite. Always treat teething pain before nursing and watch for signs that baby is done nursing, playing, or bored and end the feeding before a bite can happen. If you do get bit, you end the feeding to teach that biting = no nursing.
masesmom
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:26 AM
My oldest each bit me only once, and I think my reaction helped them to not do it again! :). No need to be scared just do what the first poster said.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Lol,i think you posted twice :)
JackAttacks
by Angel on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:21 AM

nothingo worry about. monster man had 8 teeth by 8months old and never bit me.

Mama2boys418
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:43 PM

My lil one did bit and even smiled afterword but he did learn quickly that when he bit I would take him off the breast for a few minutes. It was a little rough few weeks though of sore nipples and ice packs :)

Schnauzerlov869
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:50 AM

My little guy has 8 teeth and still is EBF!  He's 13 months!  He sometimes will bite when he's near the end of a nursing session but not hurt me.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:05 PM

My 4 year old still nurses with a mouth full of teeth...no worries

AudlyLuvly
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Idk what I'm doing wrong, but I have teeth marks permanently scared on my areola. He doesn't bite, but the pressure from sucking presses his top teeth in, and after a long session can be uncomfortable bordering painful. Its not bad enough that I'd quit, but I wouldn't say it's painless.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM
That is most likely from your positioning. Bring him up higher so he's not pulling on the breast.

Quoting AudlyLuvly: Idk what I'm doing wrong, but I have teeth marks permanently scared on my areola. He doesn't bite, but the pressure from sucking presses his top teeth in, and after a long session can be uncomfortable bordering painful. Its not bad enough that I'd quit, but I wouldn't say it's painless.
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 1:04 PM
My 2 year cold cut his fir teeth before he was 4 months and had a mouth full by 8 months and he never bit me. Teeth aren't anything to worry about.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN