Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Everyone wants to feed my baby.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:14 PM
  • 63 Replies
Especially her daddy. He's always putting things up to her mouth, & I freak out. NO! Stop trying to feed her! She's 4 months old. All she needs is mommy's milk. That's it! He tries to feed her...mac & cheese...store-bought frosting from the tub...barbeque sauce...anything that she can take a little lick of. He says "She just wants a little taste, she wants to try something new that tastes good". No she doesn't. Breastmilk does taste good to her. Stop trying to feed her food that YOU eat. I mean really, frosting? That nasty sugary crap you want to put THAT into my child's 4 month old body. What about the virgin gut? She did have formula when we came home for a couple days but still. Am I overreacting? It's not happening even if I am, I'm doing what I think is best for MY baby. Its my choice. Do a lot of other people have this problem?
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:20 PM
You are not overreacting. I would flip out! Giving him research to go over might help.
My FIL tried to give my first whipped cream at 3 months, I blew up! Never happened again with the rest of the kids. Stick to your guns!
alyce2014
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Yeah, no way! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I let my mom talk me into letting her chew on watermelon & I'm so mad at myself for it. She didn't eat any but still. I really trust my mom & she said its only water but I really wish now after doing research that I just would of stood my ground & said no!

Quoting MaryJarrett: You are not overreacting. I would flip out! Giving him research to go over might help.
My FIL tried to give my first whipped cream at 3 months, I blew up! Never happened again with the rest of the kids. Stick to your guns!
iHEAVENn
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband asked if we should give him some formula.... :| I took him to the store and showed him the cost of it that shut him up. lol. 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Hunter Xavier:--:June 27th 2014:--:7 Pounds 1 Ounce:-  -:My little fighter baby:-

<3 

baby development

alyce2014
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Lol!

Quoting iHEAVENn:

My husband asked if we should give him some formula.... :| I took him to the store and showed him the cost of it that shut him up. lol. 

Serabeth06
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope, nope nope! The baby would eat mud if you offered it to them, that doesn't mean they 'want' it, it's just the natural reaction to being offered a taste. x.x It drives me crazy when people do that. Let them be babies! I've told my DH, we're not rushing processed foods on the baby, and not to be surprised if I don't let him feed this baby anything but my milk until after 9 months. He said ok, so we'll see if he sticks to it.

MamaMandy56
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:38 PM
My son is only a month old but I'm afraid this'll happen with my in laws when he's a bit older. Would you mind sharing your research so I can show them?
alyce2014
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:42 PM
There's TONS of stuff. Just google virgin gut. Look on sites like kellymom & lalaleche (I think I spelled that right). I would post a couple links for you but I can't figure anything out on my new phone lol. Its really easy to find though.

Quoting MamaMandy56: My son is only a month old but I'm afraid this'll happen with my in laws when he's a bit older. Would you mind sharing your research so I can show them?
booaura
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:43 PM
You are not overreacting at all. Starting solids too early can cause a host of problems in early adulthood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyce2014
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Okay I lied it was a lot easier than I thought, here's an age-by-age guide from baby enter.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_age-by-age-guide-to-feeding-your-baby_1400680.bc

Quoting MamaMandy56: My son is only a month old but I'm afraid this'll happen with my in laws when he's a bit older. Would you mind sharing your research so I can show them?
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Aug. 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Yep!

Quoting booaura: You are not overreacting at all. Starting solids too early can cause a host of problems in early adulthood.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)