Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Growth spurt

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:50 AM
  • 18 Replies
Makes me want to die
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Relax and go with the flow. It's normal, it's what they do. You will live, and so will your baby. Nurse while napping, co-sleep, wear your baby.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, but better than the alternative of no growth.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Mobile Photo

This is what I think about the 3 week growth spurt. You got this miserable "starving" 3 week old at exactly the same time your new mommy high wears off and torture level sleep deprivation is hitting. :-(
24Mom2Be
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 2:24 PM
So amazingly accurate... Lol.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Mobile Photo

This is what I think about the 3 week growth spurt. You got this miserable "starving" 3 week old at exactly the same time your new mommy high wears off and torture level sleep deprivation is hitting. :-(
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 29, 2014 at 2:29 PM
When was your baby born?

Quoting 24Mom2Be: So amazingly accurate... Lol.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Mobile Photo

24Mom2Be
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 2:29 PM
He was doing the latch, unlatch, cry, relatch cycle. We finally fell asleep at 530am, then I woke up at 630am to wake DH up for work, let the dogs out and feed them. Feed DS again, fell asleep for a little bit then DD came in at 8:30 and I've been awake since. But she's fed and getting some unnecessary screen time so I'm gonna take a nap.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Relax and go with the flow. It's normal, it's what they do. You will live, and so will your baby. Nurse while napping, co-sleep, wear your baby.
24Mom2Be
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 2:30 PM
August 9th

Quoting mostlymaydays: When was your baby born?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Mobile Photo

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Mine was born August 13. Maybe if our 3 week one is so awful the 6 week one won't be as bad. Fingers crossed, knocking on wood.

Quoting 24Mom2Be: August 9th

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Mobile Photo

24Mom2Be
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully!!! I remember the same thing happening with DD so I at least was more prepared. I don't remember any of her other growth spurts being to bad, so maybe he'll be similar.

Quoting mostlymaydays: Mine was born August 13. Maybe if our 3 week one is so awful the 6 week one won't be as bad. Fingers crossed, knocking on wood.

Quoting 24Mom2Be: August 9th

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Mobile Photo

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Aug. 29, 2014 at 3:01 PM
You're getting close! How are you doing now?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN