Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

sort of OT

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:10 AM
  • 29 Replies
Ok. I have an OT question that I feel kind id stupid talking about. I still have yet to start a period, which is normal I know, and Samara is 12 months. My first one I had my first period at 11 months, second at 5 months, third at 15 months, so it is still within range for me. Dh had a vasectomy 2-3 months ago. We still need to test to see if there is sperm in his semen. So, right now we dont have sex that oftem (he works so much right now). Well, two weeks ago I noticed some ovulation signs. I am not charting, but I have before so I know what they feel like. I wonder if it coukd have been a fluke or something. We did have sex the next day, but he pulled out (we had no condoms). Well, i wonder if I should be taking pregnancy tests now and then. It is so unlikely I feel, and honestly i worry about a positive result (dh would freak as he always does, but this time I may as well). I have sore nipples (dd has a tongue and lip tie though, but the sore nipples started when i had ovulation signs and gor worse these past few days on bith sides this time) and I have been super tired and emotional (probably the stress of feeling like a single mom these last few weeks).

So, anyways, my question....for moms who are still not having periods while nursing, do you test? What if yoy had perminant birthcontrol done? Am I just crazy lol
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:19 AM
I've always been an obsessive tester. 10-12 days after a possible act of fertilization you would likely start having light positives. I buy cheap strip tests online, like 25 for $10 or less.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:21 AM
See ,i worry that if i take a test dh will find it and freak lol. Then i alsl worry it will be positive and I will have to tell him lol

Quoting mostlymaydays: I've always been an obsessive tester. 10-12 days after a possible act of fertilization you would likely start having light positives. I buy cheap strip tests online, like 25 for $10 or less.
locaporbebe
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Go to the store. Buy a test. Go in the bathroom at said store take the test. Wait three minutes read the test and if it is negative your husband never ha to know. If it is positive well sorry can't help you there.

I am supposed to be taking tests somewhat regularly but my darn older kids are always and I mean always with me so I can't buy them with out freaking them out. Mine are just precautionary. Good luck.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Well, the odds are that you aren't pregnant. (But we know how statistics work; someone has to be on the other end, no guarantees there). And I hate to point it out but he should have been more worried to jump back into action before he got the go-ahead on the test to check for swimmers. He took the same chance as you. 

Quoting Precious333: See ,i worry that if i take a test dh will find it and freak lol. Then i alsl worry it will be positive and I will have to tell him lol
Quoting mostlymaydays: I've always been an obsessive tester. 10-12 days after a possible act of fertilization you would likely start having light positives. I buy cheap strip tests online, like 25 for $10 or less.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Thankfully my kids are too young to notice...oldest is 8, but yeah. My kids are ALWAYS with me too! I do have a test lying around from before, but i have to wait until tuesday because dh is home. I bet its negativr anyways, just once in a while i wonder.

Quoting locaporbebe: Go to the store. Buy a test. Go in the bathroom at said store take the test. Wait three minutes read the test and if it is negative your husband never ha to know. If it is positive well sorry can't help you there.

I am supposed to be taking tests somewhat regularly but my darn older kids are always and I mean always with me so I can't buy them with out freaking them out. Mine are just precautionary. Good luck.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Yeah, i know. It was silly.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Well, the odds are that you aren't pregnant. (But we know how statistics work; someone has to be on the other end, no guarantees there). And I hate to point it out but he should have been more worried to jump back into action before he got the go-ahead on the test to check for swimmers. He took the same chance as you. 

Quoting Precious333: See ,i worry that if i take a test dh will find it and freak lol. Then i alsl worry it will be positive and I will have to tell him lol

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:54 AM

You can't sneak off to pee locked in alone for 5 minutes? I couldn't wait until Tuesday!

Quoting Precious333: Thankfully my kids are too young to notice...oldest is 8, but yeah. My kids are ALWAYS with me too! I do have a test lying around from before, but i have to wait until tuesday because dh is home. I bet its negativr anyways, just once in a while i wonder.
Quoting locaporbebe: Go to the store. Buy a test. Go in the bathroom at said store take the test. Wait three minutes read the test and if it is negative your husband never ha to know. If it is positive well sorry can't help you there. I am supposed to be taking tests somewhat regularly but my darn older kids are always and I mean always with me so I can't buy them with out freaking them out. Mine are just precautionary. Good luck.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:56 AM

i would test just to be safe, dollar tree tests work for me. dd2 was a pull out baby!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Lol, i worry dh will wake up and see, not to mention a positive result.....hmmm plus samara is super clingy this morning....maybe i will try if she gets distracted.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

You can't sneak off to pee locked in alone for 5 minutes? I couldn't wait until Tuesday!

Quoting Precious333: Thankfully my kids are too young to notice...oldest is 8, but yeah. My kids are ALWAYS with me too! I do have a test lying around from before, but i have to wait until tuesday because dh is home. I bet its negativr anyways, just once in a while i wonder.

Quoting locaporbebe: Go to the store. Buy a test. Go in the bathroom at said store take the test. Wait three minutes read the test and if it is negative your husband never ha to know. If it is positive well sorry can't help you there.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, my dd was concieved using a condom or diaphram, i am not sure which.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

i would test just to be safe, dollar tree tests work for me. dd2 was a pull out baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN