Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

fussy baby

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:16 PM
  • 14 Replies
So im a new mom. This is my first child. Is there a reason my baby is so fussy? He will be 8 weeks wednesday an the last few days all he wants to do is cry. His belly is full diaper is clean. He is ok for a short while an then begins crying. He naps for about 10 to 20 min an then will wake up crying. Is this a normal phase or should i be concerned.
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notuseless
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Sounds like colic
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Does it happen at a specific time of day? Like in the evening? Because it's pretty normal in the evening.

I worry more when they DON'T fuss. Fussing = breathing, y'know? (And the Mommy Contract specifies in subparagraph 18B that you must surrener your sanity anyway.) :-)

tgerard
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Hes fussy some throughout the day, it gets worse in the evenings.

Quoting gdiamante:

Does it happen at a specific time of day? Like in the evening? Because it's pretty normal in the evening.

I worry more when they DON'T fuss. Fussing = breathing, y'know? (And the Mommy Contract specifies in subparagraph 18B that you must surrener your sanity anyway.) :-)

tgerard
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:59 PM
He doesnt act like its colic. It kinda seems like hes fighting sleep but im not sure. He normally gets very squirmy if his tummy bothers him. An hes not squirmy at all.

Quoting notuseless: Sounds like colic
BraniOut
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Between 6-8 weeks is kind of the peak for fussiness. He might be a little over tired too. If he's been awake for close to 2 hours straight, try to get him to nap. His sleep pattern will probably get a bit more predictable in a couple of months.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Sounds pretty normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Totally normal! Invest in a maya ring sling or a type of carrier like that (ergo, mei tai etc). Nurse for comfort if he wants. Walks outside can help. The 5 S's, look those up.

Just remember that they spend 40 weeks inside a cozy belly, the world can be a shock, they need lots of comfort, everything is new.

Quoting tgerard: Hes fussy some throughout the day, it gets worse in the evenings.

Quoting gdiamante:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Do you have a fast letdown? Does he choke, sputter, and/or cough while nursing? Try changing your nursing positions so he's not under the breast. Reclining with him on top, side laying in bed, and tummy to tummy in a carrier were some of our favorites.
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:13 AM

What is he doing before and while he is crying?  

ceckyl
by Kyla on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Colic just means 'I don't actually know what's wrong'. 

Quoting notuseless: Sounds like colic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN