Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

No periods.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:44 PM
  • 20 Replies
How long have you been breastfeeding? And how long without a period? I am ebf my 4 month old baby girl and no period so far. Yay! Lol
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I've breastfeed for idk how long total, but almost 11 months this time. My period are hit and miss right now. Sometimes I have one, sometimes I don't.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Some moms don't have one the whole time they're nursing, some start back when the baby sleeps through the night or starts solids.
Nickysnooks
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Lucky you! I've been exclusively breastfeeding the whole time never a bottle or one drop of formula. She's almost 4 months and I've had 3 periods lol. 29 days apart. It only delays fertility for some people. I guess I'm not one of em :(
StaciF
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I've made it 9 mo/4 mo/10 mo/11 mo with no periods while breastfeeding each time :)
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:39 PM
This time 9 mo no period. With dd I was 6 mo pp
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
First baby i started at 11 month, second 5 months, third 15 months, forth....12 months still nothing :)
NoraDun
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:28 AM

First baby was 6 months, second baby was 2 yrs (he stopped nursing at 18 months but I just don't have cycles anyway) with my 3rd I never had a period I got pregnant when I ovulated for the first time at 12 months pp. With #4 I am 11 months pp and no sign of ovulation nor AF. Breastfeeding duesing surpress ovulation for me. So I have to take something to have a period every so often so my uterine linning doesnt get to thick!

schultzal
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:30 AM

I'm still breastfeeding at 22 months. My period came back at 17 months and has been regular since.

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:43 AM
10 months with my last two kids, but only after I stopped pumping (first "nursed" til 20 months, second weaned at 9 months). This is my first baby that can nurse effectively, so I'm hoping AF stays away a lot longer!!! She doesn't take a paci or bottles, but sleeps through most nights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:43 AM
This!
With my second, it came back at 6 1/2 months after a nursing strike due to teething at 6 months.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Some moms don't have one the whole time they're nursing, some start back when the baby sleeps through the night or starts solids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)