Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Please help!

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:55 AM
  • 10 Replies
My milk came in today. And I'm having the hardest time getting it out. I'm so sore and they're rock hard because they're just so full. I can't even let baby latch it hurts so bad. I tried pumping and git an ounce on each side every time I've pumped. (Every 2-3 hours) what helps get that milk out. I've literally grew like 2+ cup sizes and just sitting her they are killing me. Baby has been drinking dine formula and some breastmilk. Please anyone.
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Stop giving bottles and latch that baby on. You can try reverse pressure softening to relieve the pain and pressure.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Lay down with the baby and latch the little kid on. Formula and pumping are just making it difficult. Lay down, latch and stay there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:00 AM
Ice packs one your breasts and ibuprofen will so help. No more pumping or formula.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
THIS helped me tremendously. I was so engorged that my skin was stretched and itched like heck and it was like trying to latch the baby on a bowling ball. I tried these tips and also hand expressed a little into a towel, latched the baby on and finally felt relief.

Quoting aehanrahan: Try this!
http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/rev_pressure_soft_cotterman/
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I heard a hot shower or warm compresses help the milk flow out better.  

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:48 PM

reverse pressure softening should help a lot, please try not to give bottles or getting baby back to the breast will be a fight

Luvmy2babies22
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:47 PM
When I was engorged in those early days, I would pour milk if I sat in a warm bath. You could try that and nurse baby in the bath. Definitely stop pumping and bottles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleighful12
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:38 PM
I was the same way. My mother told me to take a really hot shower and let the water run over them. I tried that but the pressure of even the water hurt so bad. So what I did was take a wash cloth in the shower with me and held that over my breasts with water running down starting at my neck. Worked like a charm. Oh by the way, try getting baby to latch on right after the shower so your not in as much pain. If it happens throughout the day as well I would just run hot water in the sink and get my wash cloth hot and hold it on the breast I was getting ready to feed baby on. I hope this helped. Really made me feel better.
Allisonc7910
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Wait till your supply regulates before pumping and it will be more than an ounce. One trick is to nurse on one side and pump the other once you feel a letdown. My son was able to trigger the letdown much more efficient than a pump. That's something that might take awhile to establish plus you don't want nipple confusion. The engorgement won't last long. Moist heat works the best, baths or showers and hand express for relief.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN