Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I help my 7wk old

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:24 AM
  • 9 Replies
I had a tubal at 6wks pp (a wk ago) my pump broke the day before my appt so I ended up using soy formula as a supplement . She had about a bottle and a half total roughly (7oz)

She pooped a day or so after so I wasn't concerned however that was the 9th or 10th and she hasn't went since then she has only had some gas an it's starting to stink which is making me believe she needs to go and can't.

My 2yr old was my first ebf baby and he would go 5-6days without a bowel movement and the doc said it was normal because breast milk has
More nutrients and more of it is obsorbed so less waste needing to be expelled . I thought maybe that's what was going on but she was going daily or every other day before then and now is not so I'm worried

Is there any way to help her go without a doc visit or er trip? She has a checkup next week but I don't think waiting is going to be good my gut tells me she is stopped up

Thanks in advance
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Nurse lots, no suppliments and give tummy massages. Try researching how to give it because I know there is a certain direction you must go in for it to work.
oliveoil423
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:34 AM
To help them go poop is to put their legs at the tummy and move the legs around, then you can use calo syrup and put it their milk and that can help also, then there is water down juice.

Juice and the syrup helped my daughter out alot when she is backed up.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Quoting oliveoil423: To help them go poop is to put their legs at the tummy and move the legs around, then you can use calo syrup and put it their milk and that can help also, then there is water down juice.

Nope. No juice or Karo syrup for a seven week old breastfeeding baby. It ruins the virgin gut and Karo carries some of the same risks as honey for babies under a year of age. Keep nursing, warm baths, infant massage.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

mamabens
by Miranda on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Yes this!

Quoting MusherMaggie:
Quoting oliveoil423: To help them go poop is to put their legs at the tummy and move the legs around, then you can use calo syrup and put it their milk and that can help also, then there is water down juice. Juice and the syrup helped my daughter out alot when she is backed up.
Nope. No juice or Karo syrup for a seven week old breastfeeding baby. It ruins the virgin gut and Karo carries some of the same risks as honey for babies under a year of age. Keep nursing, warm baths, infant massage.

AngryLittleLola
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Lol def no juice or kayro at her age that's why I made sure to post her age because I really have had no idea what to do other than what you ladies have suggested

I'm doing tummy rubs little leg lifts warm baths and she is still nursing steady but she is farting a lot and OMG it stinks lol and she isn't sleeping at night much which she wasn't really before so that's maybe not caused by this

Quoting mamabens:

Yes this!

Quoting MusherMaggie:
Quoting oliveoil423: To help them go poop is to put their legs at the tummy and move the legs around, then you can use calo syrup and put it their milk and that can help also, then there is water down juice.

mamabens
by Miranda on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:08 PM

That's really all you can do. Not sleeping at night is normal for this age. Farting is good, it will be soon and it will be messy! Lol

Quoting AngryLittleLola: Lol def no juice or kayro at her age that's why I made sure to post her age because I really have had no idea what to do other than what you ladies have suggested I'm doing tummy rubs little leg lifts warm baths and she is still nursing steady but she is farting a lot and OMG it stinks lol and she isn't sleeping at night much which she wasn't really before so that's maybe not caused by this
Quoting mamabens:

Yes this!

Quoting MusherMaggie:
Quoting oliveoil423: To help them go poop is to put their legs at the tummy and move the legs around, then you can use calo syrup and put it their milk and that can help also, then there is water down juice. Juice and the syrup helped my daughter out alot when she is backed up.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:37 PM
If she's wetting enough and passing gas, she's NOT blocked up! She wouldn't be passing gas if she was. Keep nursing like crazy because your milk is nature's best laxative. Be ready for a massive blowout.
LittleRed80
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:58 PM
That's about the age that my 2 ebf boys stopped pooping multiple times a day. 8 days is our record. Although the little bit of formula may have backed her up a bit I would still let her work it out naturally. Farting, as stinky as it may be, is a good sign. I always found that when they got to be pretty smelly they would usually go within a day.
AngryLittleLola
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Thank you ladies for reassuring me lol I was starting to worry and wasn't sure how long I should wait but hopefully since she is having horrid gas she will go today or tomorrow

I really hope so not just for her sake but my own her gas could knock a rhino out !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)