Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i just

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM
  • 11 Replies
Froze my first batch of breastmilk! I only could pump only 4oz. Ill have to take it out today to thaw so i can use it at the restaurant that ill be going to for my moms birthday.

Then i was up every hour last night feeding bubba and there was this long stretch of time he was fully awake and didnt want to sleep i finally did get him to. And im still exhausted we slept in till 9 felt bad cause my almost two year old has been up since 8am.
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this
No bottles unless you are separated from your baby. You have to pump while a bottle is being given. Wear a loose top that you can lift from the bottom to discretely nurse. If you don't make a big deal out of it, no one will notice.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
4 oz is no "only"! That's a pretty good amount! *If* I can pump 4 oz then I separate it into two 2 ounce bags and that's 2 bottles I can have for my mother in law for two 4-hour days away from the baby.
mamabens
by Miranda on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Dude 4 oz is amazing pump out put! I have never been able to get that much! Having said that, giving a bottle is going to be more work. Bottles should never be given by mom, baby might not take it and you'll have to pump for that missed feeding anyway. It was always easier to just nurse. Here's me nursing at dinner(,Applebee's)

jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey I say be proud of any amount of milk you can pump! And i would just save the milk and nurse baby while at the restaurant. Use the 2 shirt method. Tank top under another shirt. To nurse lift outer shirt up slightly and pull tank down and latch baby on. The outer shirt will cover pretty much any skin thay might show.
polkaspots
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Two things.
One. You shouldn't bring a bottle out with you unless your rather pump in public than nurse.
Two. Milk that's going to be used within a few days doesn't need to be frozen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 19, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Yep!^^^^ what they all said!
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 19, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

And here is my 1yo old nursing at the eye doctors office last week, you couldn't see a fleck of skin, but honestly, I wouldn't let that stop me from nursing my babe if he was hungry. :-)
gdiamante
by Gina on Oct. 19, 2014 at 2:41 PM

ONLY 4 ounces? Four ounces is a HUGE amount... two ounces is normal output at the pump.

Nurse before you go, and unless you're at the restaurant for six hours, you likely won't need a single drop you've pumped.

You will find MANY times when your child is up before you. That's OK. They don't need us right there at every moment unless the house isn't child-proofed.

melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 19, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I agree with all the above!

I've been nursing for almost 5 years straight and never needed to give a bottle when i was with baby and i've lived a very active life. Eating out, shopping, traveling, weddings, church, birthday parties etc. 

Having to go somewhere to pump while someone else sits at the table and bottle feeds baby seems like a lot of work. 

If you really don't want to nurse at the table. I would plan to arrive to the resteraunt about 30minutes early and nurse immediately before going in this way you should have plenty of time to enjoy dinner. 

melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM

When my nurslings did get a bottle it was while i was working and the biggest bottle they ever took was 3oz. 

Whenever giving a breastfed baby a bottle its only ever 3oz every 2.5-3hours. Even a 6months even at 9months and a year :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)