Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, I'm new :)

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:45 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi all! Baby isn't due until February, and he will be our first, so I wanted to make sure I have a place to go to learn from experienced moms on breastfeeding. I am super excited to do this when he finally gets here! XO

~It's a BOY!! Due Feb. 15, 2015~

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hancex6
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome, YEAH FOR BREASTFEEDING!! It will get tough in the beginning, but after that you will be amazed at how easy it is. I always tell my co-worker (Lactation Educator/counselor), that formula mom's just don't get it, because breastfeeding is the easy way out, lol. No bottles to wash, no making bottles at 2am (boobs are ready made), no worries about packing diapers in the bag, or not being able to warm them during traveling, the list is endless. Of course those are all minor bonuses, the major benefits, like nutrients, bonding, health benefits, are top of the list :-) This group is a great support group!
mamabens
by Miranda on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! Without this group I wouldn't have made it 25 months with my oldest son and 15 months with my youngest, 

ElloOu
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Thanks ladies, I look forward to learning lots here!
KatieHollysMom
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome :-) sometimes breastfeeding is really, really hard...and painful! BUT it is soooo worth it. I had to use a nipple shield for the first 2 months but after that things went smoothly till now... pregnant again and it makes my nipples SO SORE. My baby girl is 8 months old and I hope to tandem nurse her and my 7 week old bun in the oven :-)
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! Education is your best weapon. Read posts here and on Kellymom.com. Two books: "So That's What They're For" by Janet Tamaro and "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" from La Leche League. Go to LLLI.org and see if there is a group that meets near you. Meetings are free, and it's good to attend some before your baby is born. It can be very encouraging to see other moms nursing.

Read the section on ties in our resources sticky. Ties are responsible for a majority of nursing problems but are easily corrected. You might even want to check yourself and the baby's father for ties since they tend to run in families.

Google "Find an IBCLC (Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant)". This is your go-to professional for breastfeeding assistance if you need it. Doctors and nurses do not get human lactation instruction in school. Be sure anyone who calls herself "LC" at the hospital is in fact IBCLC; if not, she may not have correct information.

Come here as often as you like and ask anything that comes to mind! :-)
kajira
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats@@@ And good job for wanting to breastfeed! 

BraniOut
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! I lurked in here while I was pregnant and learned a lot.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Oct. 16, 2014 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome and congratulations! You have plenty of time to learn before the baby comes. 😊
Maggie mentioned everything that I would have. Start with those and come here and ask anything and everything that comes to mind.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 16, 2014 at 7:09 AM
2 moms liked this
This!

Again, welcome and congrats!!! :-)

Quoting aehanrahan: Welcome and congratulations! You have plenty of time to learn before the baby comes. 😊
Maggie mentioned everything that I would have. Start with those and come here and ask anything and everything that comes to mind.
ElloOu
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Ok, so far..

-Kellymom.com

-2 important books

- LLLI.org (I found a group in my area just now! Yay!)

-ties sticky

-& Find an IBCLC (which there are many in my area, so another yay!)

Thank you so much ladies! I love learning new things about pregnancy/baby life..can't wait to be a mom, lol. :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)