Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm over it already.

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:24 PM
  • 15 Replies
I nursed my first for 2 years and overcame a ton of obstacles. Now I have a different set and just want him to sleep longer than 20 min and quit peeling so damn much and waking himself up. He's constantly pooping except the past few days too. If I wasn't so scared of him reacting negatively to dairy like my first I probably would have switched already :(
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM
By your profile it looks like baby is 4 months? My youngest is nearly 3 months and I think we're starting up another growth spurt. I'm feeling a bit strung out myself.
Serabeth06
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM

After around 6 weeks they stop pooping so frequently, and I don't think formula makes them sleep any better. My neices and nephews didn't, at least. Hope you feel better, mama. I had to start putting my baby boy in bed or sleep in the recliner, now he only wakes two or three times at night.

jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:53 PM
He's 5 months now. I forgot to add he doesn't even take a bottle or a pacifier due to his lip and tongue ties. He sharts all the time I wish he just poop somewhat regular. Colic tabs and teething tabs and amber necklace aren't working. I've got an older one too who is going through trouble some threes and I'm just having such a hard time. Baby is only ok if I'm holding him and I just don't have any desire to be near him most of the time. :(

Thanks for reading ladies.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Oh, a three-nager. :-( That really doesn't help. My baby usually refuses pacifiers, too. Sometimes my only saving grace is that with 2 older brothers and 2 older sisters, we can pass the baby around and ease the burnout. :-/

Quoting jrsmommy0427: He's 5 months now. I forgot to add he doesn't even take a bottle or a pacifier due to his lip and tongue ties. He sharts all the time I wish he just poop somewhat regular. Colic tabs and teething tabs and amber necklace aren't working. I've got an older one too who is going through trouble some threes and I'm just having such a hard time. Baby is only ok if I'm holding him and I just don't have any desire to be near him most of the time. :(

Thanks for reading ladies.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM
:( hugs mama. I have been there before. Hopefully after this mean growth spurt things will ease up a bit. Does daddy help at all?
jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Nope whenever I get stressed out hubby freaks out and makes it worse. We rent with his parents and his dad isn't able to help with the baby and his mom just hands him back when he starts crying.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Have you looked into getting the ties revised? Checked the section on ties in the resources sticky? Talked to the doctor about post partum depression? Your baby sounds like a normal five month old otherwise.
jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Kaiser said they don't do it and the dr that was recommended is an hour away and I'm nervous since my friend said he's pretty conservative. We're on medi-cal and I've already had to jump through so many hoops to get all of us on it, I'm just not ready for another battle. I thought I had baby blues last time but counselor just attributed it to living with my in laws, I'm not ready to go through that again either. I'm still able to do most things and am happy most of the time just feeling really overwhelmed and not into taking meds either :(
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:52 PM
I've handed the baby off and walked away. Most of the time dad's only freak out when they're expecting mom to step in and rescue everyone. My husband has come up with some interesting ways to soothe baby: runs their feet under the running sink, stands in front of the open freezer. He's also great at boring them to sleep with ESPN. The crying doesn't mess with his head/hormones like it does for me. At the very least he should take over most of the responsibilities for the darling 3 year old.

Quoting jrsmommy0427: Nope whenever I get stressed out hubby freaks out and makes it worse. We rent with his parents and his dad isn't able to help with the baby and his mom just hands him back when he starts crying.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Have you checked our list of preferred providers for the ties? An hour isn't that far. We've had moms on 2 hour flights out of state to get to a good dr. and many pay out of pocket anyway.

Quoting jrsmommy0427: Kaiser said they don't do it and the dr that was recommended is an hour away and I'm nervous since my friend said he's pretty conservative. We're on medi-cal and I've already had to jump through so many hoops to get all of us on it, I'm just not ready for another battle. I thought I had baby blues last time but counselor just attributed it to living with my in laws, I'm not ready to go through that again either. I'm still able to do most things and am happy most of the time just feeling really overwhelmed and not into taking meds either :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)