Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dying of thirst.

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter is 2 months old. Supply and everything is fine but I feel like I'm so thirsty all the time even though I'm drinking fluids all day. I drink anywhere from 8-14 glasses of water a day and still feel thirsty. Yesterday I chugged down 3 bottles of water in under a minute and despite feeling like I was going to like it all back up I was still thirsty.
Idk what to do...
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
little.worthen
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Bump
mcmlxxxv
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM
I think that's normal. Every breastfeeding mom I've talked to said they were super thirsty. My thirst tapered off at about 3 months, when my supply regulated. Until then, keep chuggin', I guess!
polkaspots
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Are you eating enough? I find I drink much more if I skip a meal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaybay223
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM
I drink about a gallon of water a day. On the plus side, my skin looks amazing!
K8wizzo
by Kate on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:14 PM

I drink about a gallon a day.  Try to drink smaller amounts more frequently rather than chugging large amounts all at once--you hydrate better that way.  Keep in mind that your baby is drinking 3-4 cups of milk per day, which is mostly water, so add those cups to your normal amount that you'd drink.

LittleRed80
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM
I've always heard that by the time you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated. I don't know if that's scientifically accurate, but I always pretend it's true anyway. Try to drink before you're thirsty or just be drinking a little all the time. Also if you are drinking coffee or soda that is a diuretic you will need to drink even more to make up for it. I remember that thirst only at the beginning, so I think eventually it does regulate and go away a bit.
gdiamante
by Gina on Nov. 5, 2014 at 4:13 AM

What you're doing. Eat to hunger, drink to thirst. You were already perfect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)