Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood in spit up

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM
  • 8 Replies
Now there is blood in her spit up. Once it was dark, kind of tinged the other times.

Nipples are minimally sore and not cracked or bleeding.

Im going to take her in but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this? Im worried sick :(
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM
How old is she?
lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 2:14 PM
3 days. She was born wednesday morning

Quoting stepconfused182: How old is she?
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I'm a pediatrician and have seen this a few times with babies who swallowed maternal blood during delivery. That's why I asked how old she is. But definitely take her in to see the doc.
lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:40 PM
She has a home visit with a nurse tomorrow and her regular check up with the ped on monday. Do you think its okay to wait til the nurse comes tomorrow or no? She doesnt cry like she is in pain, poops are good, and she's nursing good. I propped her up after her last feed and she didnt spit up at all... i just dont know...

Quoting stepconfused182: I'm a pediatrician and have seen this a few times with babies who swallowed maternal blood during delivery. That's why I asked how old she is. But definitely take her in to see the doc.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Given all that other info, it really doesn't sound like an emergency. Can you call the on call service at your peds office so you can at least have some peace of mind?

Quoting lovemytwo88: She has a home visit with a nurse tomorrow and her regular check up with the ped on monday. Do you think its okay to wait til the nurse comes tomorrow or no? She doesnt cry like she is in pain, poops are good, and she's nursing good. I propped her up after her last feed and she didnt spit up at all... i just dont know...

Quoting stepconfused182: I'm a pediatrician and have seen this a few times with babies who swallowed maternal blood during delivery. That's why I asked how old she is. But definitely take her in to see the doc.
lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:55 PM
I did earlier and she said she recommends she be seen within 24 hrs. I told her the home nurse was coming tomorrow and she said i can wait, but if it happens again i should prob take her right in.

Quoting stepconfused182: Given all that other info, it really doesn't sound like an emergency. Can you call the on call service at your peds office so you can at least have some peace of mind?

Quoting lovemytwo88: She has a home visit with a nurse tomorrow and her regular check up with the ped on monday. Do you think its okay to wait til the nurse comes tomorrow or no? She doesnt cry like she is in pain, poops are good, and she's nursing good. I propped her up after her last feed and she didnt spit up at all... i just dont know...

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM
I think that's a good plan. Hopefully it wont happen again and you can stop worrying!

Quoting lovemytwo88: I did earlier and she said she recommends she be seen within 24 hrs. I told her the home nurse was coming tomorrow and she said i can wait, but if it happens again i should prob take her right in.

Quoting stepconfused182: Given all that other info, it really doesn't sound like an emergency. Can you call the on call service at your peds office so you can at least have some peace of mind?

lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM
So far so good! Thanks for your replies!! :)

Quoting stepconfused182: I think that's a good plan. Hopefully it wont happen again and you can stop worrying!

Quoting lovemytwo88: I did earlier and she said she recommends she be seen within 24 hrs. I told her the home nurse was coming tomorrow and she said i can wait, but if it happens again i should prob take her right in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)