Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did you go through this?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 6:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

I breast fed my youngest for 14 months. Originally my goal was to ebf for 6 months but I went the full 12 months and then I began baby foods and she chose that over breast milk so we quit at 14 months. Anyway, she is now 1 year and 7 months and she doesn't breast feed but she MUST feel my skin in order to go to sleep. She will put her hand over my breast under my shirt or she will pull my shirt up and lay on my stomach. she just needs to feel my skin. My oldest son didn't do this so I'm wondering woud this be because she misses the bonding we had? I feel like maybe I quit too soon for her. Like I was ready to move on but she wasn't and that makes me kinda sad. when I come home from work she wants to lay down on top of me feeling my skin for a while even if she is not sleepy. If i try to move her she will cry. 

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:12 PM
All of my kids did that, whether they weaned at 15 months or 39 months. They love the skin to skin. Milk, your breasts were their original comfort objects. :-)
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:29 PM
I weaned all my kids (b3sides the one I am nursing now) before they were ready. They all found another way to comfort themselves. My oldest kept trying to grab my boob and always needed to have skin to skin (he still needs cuddle time), my second would put his hand in my armpits, my third is fixaTed on my moles which he calls sleep buttons.
LittleRed80
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Sleep buttons! My two half sisters played with my step-mom's moles too.

Quoting Precious333: I weaned all my kids (b3sides the one I am nursing now) before they were ready. They all found another way to comfort themselves. My oldest kept trying to grab my boob and always needed to have skin to skin (he still needs cuddle time), my second would put his hand in my armpits, my third is fixaTed on my moles which he calls sleep buttons.
sweetieiv
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 6:08 PM

thanks for the comments ladies I feel better now.

sjenkins8208
by Member on Nov. 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM
My oldest was formula fed and had to sleep with his hands down my shirt lol. We did skin to skin all the time and just likes the way I smell/feel.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)