Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you have breastfed 2 or more please read

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM
  • 41 Replies
My son who is 20 months old is officially off the breast ! I'm so thankful because I'm over 5 monmonth's pregnant and the pain was killing me. Plus, he's started to sleep all night.

The second time you breastfeed is it easier than the first ? I really thought I was just going to bottle feed the next one. It was so muxh to breastfeed and I had PPD last time and it was soo stressful but I thought maybe it will be easier since this would be my second time bf.

Any advice ?
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serabeth06
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I've breastfed 4, and I will say with practice and experience, it was much easier. My milk came in faster, my nipples were not sore for as long, I knew what to do to pevent pain. I had PPD with my second, my OB prescribed a low dose antidepressant and it was just fine, we had no problems.

ilovemykids732
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM

MUCH easier!! :)

.oOMellyOo.
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:09 PM

For me it was much easier. Simply knowing what to expect takes a huge weight off of your shoulders.

ashleywagoner
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Much easier!
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I found breastfeeding easy with my first 3 and had issues with my 4th, but since breastfeeding is what's best for my children, there were no other options for me.

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:12 PM
I have breastfed six. Every child is so different. My second was very difficult. He was policy and also very impatient. He wanted milk the second he latched and would get furious to the point that it would sometimes take twenty minutes.mutes to latch him. My 1st, 3rd, and 4th were fairly easy to nurse. My 5th, I had the most difficult time. He didn't latch properly and I was hurting. For a while we used a nipple shield. Things got better as he grew. My 6th was super easy.

Overall, I think it will be easier for you because of what you have learned with the first. You will face difficulties differently. But it depends on the child, if you all have an easy time or face some obstacles. Just remember you have done this and you are better prepared!!
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:24 PM
I nursed my oldest for 7 months
It was still difficult and extremely painful to nurse my second

My third was easier, and less painful
I was still nursing when #4 was born and she has been the easiest... no difficulty or pain at all
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Easier each time. I also had more education. My third so far has been a breeze.
MissSarah04
by Sarah on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:00 PM
My oldest is almost 3 and next baby is almost 4 months. They both breastfeed and the only hard thing is the fact that my oldest is so attached to the breast and wants to nurse all. the. time. If it was jusy the baby nursing it would be SO MUCH easier than it was when my oldest was a baby.

We had so many problems breastfeeding when my daughter was a newborn and infant but nursing a newborn this time was easy peasy.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I went able to nurse my first two but I nursed my third 22 months and have been nursing my fourth 10 months. I think it gets easier with time. I felt really confident breastfeeding my youngest because I have experienced all aspects of nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)