Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pumping questions

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM
  • 12 Replies
I eb my DS who is 2 months.
Well I'm pumping with my ameda purely yours double electric pump and my nipples are SORE!!! And my breasts have been chapped feeling. I've been using lanolin but am I doing something wrong? Can I put something on the flanges? or is this normal
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Is this a new pain? Were you pumping painlessly before? Is baby at brest at all? Have you or baby been on antibiotics recently?
BradleysMom2014
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 4:15 AM
Yes, it goes away after 2-3 hours after pumping, I only pump 2-3 times a day so I can store milk for the off chance I have to leave him with my husband.
I exclusively breast feed except for the bottles hes had when I had to be away from him.

Neither of us have been on any type of medications.
BradleysMom2014
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 4:16 AM
My phone didn't quite you but it's above

Quoting mostlymaydays: Is this a new pain? Were you pumping painlessly before? Is baby at brest at all? Have you or baby been on antibiotics recently?
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 25, 2014 at 6:32 AM
does it hurt when you nurse, too?

Quoting BradleysMom2014: My phone didn't quite you but it's above

Quoting mostlymaydays: Is this a new pain? Were you pumping painlessly before? Is baby at brest at all? Have you or baby been on antibiotics recently?
BradleysMom2014
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:20 AM
No, just after I pump. I was thinking I might've had the suction/speed wrong, that would explain the nipple pain, but why my breasts are chapped afterwards I don't know

Quoting mostlymaydays: does it hurt when you nurse, too?

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM
It's strange that this is just flaring up. I had wondered about thrush but you'd sure feel that while nursing. It's certainly possible that your pump settings are not working the same as before. Maybe the flanges don't fit right anymore, too big or too small. I've found coconut oil has worked better for me than lanolin.

Quoting BradleysMom2014: No, just after I pump. I was thinking I might've had the suction/speed wrong, that would explain the nipple pain, but why my breasts are chapped afterwards I don't know

Quoting mostlymaydays: does it hurt when you nurse, too?

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 25, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Mobile Photo

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Everything that Stacy said! ^^^
Your milk and coconut oil can help with the chapped nipples. You can also use a little of either on the flange before pumping to reduce the friction.
melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
How often are you leaving baby?
I would just pump once a day first thing in the morning.
BradleysMom2014
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Thanks:) I'm going to try The coconut oil and check my flange size.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)