Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this good weight gain?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:27 PM
  • 4 Replies
My DD had her posterior tongue tie clipped but not her lip tie long story why I haven't had it done yet. She will be 24 weeks on Wednesday, her birth weight was 7lbs. 9oz. At 6 weeks she weighted 12lbs. 9.9oz and height was 1' 10", at 15 weeks she weighted 17lbs. 5oz. And her height was 2' 0", then she had an urgent visit 14 days ago she weighted 20lbs. 1.8oz., today she went for her 6 month check up (14 days after her urgent visit) her current weight is 20lbs. 8.8oz. Her weight is 2' 2". Is that a good weight gain for being lipped tied? I don't know if I should be concerned that she only gained about 7oz. in 14 days?
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:34 PM
She is way over the expect average gain of one pound per month! Having the tie clipped works wonders!
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:36 PM
And don't be frightened as her gain slows with her becoming more mobile. She's done 13 months' worth of gaining in just six months--more than double what we expect! :-)
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Even if she weighed just 14 pounds we'd tell you she was ahead of the game, going by the *average* pound per month expectation of gain. My girls were rapid gainers at the beginning, like 12 lbs by 2 months and 15 pounds by 4 months but then it took them to 2 years to hit 20 lbs. You can almost certainly expect that gain to slow down. You and/or your doctor will get unnecessarily panicked that her pace is leveling off, but thank God, otherwise she'd be a 40 lb one year old. If she only gains a few more pounds over the next 6 months I wouldn't be surprised.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM
What they said!^^^
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)