• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yo baby, go to sleep!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
For the past month Ds 6 months hasn't been sleeping well at night. He wakes up about every hour or two and whines/cries until I nurse him back to sleep. He's perfectly fine during the day, eats well and takes two good naps so I don't think it's a hunger problem. I'm so tired! Lol, is that normal?
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nfbaz
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is almost a year and at least stirs every couple of hours. She rarely sleeps more than 3 or 4 hours straight at night. I had to bring her into my bed at 4 months just so we both could get some rest. She won't nap more than 20 minutes if I don't lay with her and let her nurse when she stirs. I think it's normal for some babies. I'm sure there's a way to get them sleeping better, but I have no idea what it is. Good luck! I'm hoping it gets better as they get older.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM
I always slept with my kids, because they always needed to be near me and nurse. Before a year old you should nurse on demand, that means even at night.
gdiamante
by Gina on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it's normal. You might consider dropping a nap or shortening them; they only need so much sleep, you know?

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely normal. It's also growth spurt time and lots of developmental milestones are happening, which can be a bit unsettling to babies.
lauren.m
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
My youngest is 7 months today and she stirs and nurses a few times a night. All of my kids woke during the night until around 18-24 months. It's one of the reasons I bedshare until they are done night nursing.
jennierenna
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Quoting Prcious333: I always slept with my kids, because they always needed to be near me and nurse. Before a year old you should nurse on demand, that means even at night.

This morning after dh got up and ds started being restless again I put him beside me and he went back to sleep in less than a second, the little pooper just wants to be in the big bed, lol.
jennierenna
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Quoting lauren.m: My youngest is 7 months today and she stirs and nurses a few times a night. All of my kids woke during the night until around 18-24 months. It's one of the reasons I bedshare until they are done night nursing.

Was it hard to get them into their own beds after being used to sleeping with you?
lauren.m
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Not at all. My sister ff and never put babies in her room at all and she had a more difficult time at night with toddlers than I ever have.

Now that I said that my 7 m/o is never going to go to bed in her own room without a fit til she's 20 lol.

Quoting jennierenna:
Quoting lauren.m: My youngest is 7 months today and she stirs and nurses a few times a night. All of my kids woke during the night until around 18-24 months. It's one of the reasons I bedshare until they are done night nursing.

Was it hard to get them into their own beds after being used to sleeping with you?
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:59 PM
We let ours sleep with us, first in our bed, then on a kindergarten cot beside our bed until they chose to go to their own rooms. Not something we stressed over.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Nov. 25, 2014 at 2:18 PM
This! Sleep patterns change frequently in the first couple of years due to growth spurts, teething, new milestones, separation anxiety, and many other things. Bedsharing was a lifesaver to get through the night waking with both of my boys.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Absolutely normal. It's also growth spurt time and lots of developmental milestones are happening, which can be a bit unsettling to babies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)