Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another problem I could use some advice /support for..

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok So I finally got Phoenix in and got her mild tongue tie snipped!!! YEA!  Her latch seemed to be better with way less pain within two nursing sessions and am sooo happy about it.  But now for some reason she has hit the play stage.... She is nibbling, biting, mostly I don't think she realizes she's doing it but sometimes she CLAMPS down and holds... and usually on the very tip... Now the pain is back. I have normally in the past with my other kids, done a flick on the lips/cheek if taking it away and saying no didn't work but that was when they were closer to a year... not 3 months. Please don't bash me for the flick... It really only took once, and not very hard... 

Anyways, Why would she be doing this now?  cooincidence? Teething already??? any advice would be greatly aprreciated. Thank you ladies.

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ducks4Life
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Maybe teething. My baby bites sometimes, Fae is 3 months. I just take her off and try again. Lol

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM

yeah, could be teething. After you got her tongue tie snippled did you to the exercises with her?

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Check out "When Babies Attack" in our resources sticky. Basically, you try to anticipate before she bites. If she does, use your finger to unlatch her, tell her no, and let her try again. If she does it again, unlatch her, set her down in a safe, boring place, and walk away for a few minutes. She will learn that biting means no food. Treat the teething pain 15-30 minutes before nursing.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I agree!^^^
Do you have a forceful letdown? That can cause baby to chomp to slow the forceful flow of milk into her mouth.
shaye
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM
What exercises? No one told me anything... :-/ it was just two days ago.

Quoting Precious333:

yeah, could be teething. After you got her tongue tie snippled did you to the exercises with her?

shaye
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM
No forcefull letdown. And it can be mid nursing a lot of the time.

Quoting aehanrahan: I agree!^^^
Do you have a forceful letdown? That can cause baby to chomp to slow the forceful flow of milk into her mouth.
shaye
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Thank you I will

Quoting MusherMaggie: Check out "When Babies Attack" in our resources sticky. Basically, you try to anticipate before she bites. If she does, use your finger to unlatch her, tell her no, and let her try again. If she does it again, unlatch her, set her down in a safe, boring place, and walk away for a few minutes. She will learn that biting means no food. Treat the teething pain 15-30 minutes before nursing.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Sometimes the to guess needs training, I guess you would say. Alsp, I believe that sometime in can reattach when healing, so you would do a finger swipe severAL times a day. Check out the resources for tongue ties. I believe there are also videos on YouTube

Quoting shaye: What exercises? No one told me anything... :-/ it was just two days ago.

Quoting Precious333:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)