Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaking out *Update*

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 20 Replies
I'm trying not to, I really am! Maisy had her WIC appointment yesterday and lost an oz from her 6 months weight (she's 7 months on Monday). I know it's a different scale and she had a stomach virus the week of thanksgiving (just two days of vomiting, only one major episode and then one vomit the next day), but I'm still worried it's the ties. For the past week or two she's just not herself. Constantly nursing day and night, screaming if I set her down or have her dad hold her, diaper count is down. I'm exhausted and want my good baby back! I've had uncomfortable/painful feedings on my right side for several months and just dealt with it because she's been gaining well.

Eta: No solids, she's not crawling/rolling

12/15 Update: On her usual scale, she gained 4 oz this month and is exactly 15 lbs. so not losing is good! But I still feel like it's not enough :( She's much happier the past day or two, slept a a bit better
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ducks4Life
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM

BUMP!

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:34 PM
One little oz? That and the fact that it's a different scale make that a non issue to me.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Also, her behavior sounds like teething and growth spurt behavior.
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Even if she hasn't gained all month?

It's early for teething in our family, but of course always a possibility! None of them have ever acted like they were getting teeth, they just appear lol. But again, she could be different!

Quoting stepconfused182: One little oz? That and the fact that it's a different scale make that a non issue to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Are you comparing this weight to her last weight at WIC or her last weight at the dr office?

Quoting PoodleMum: Even if she hasn't gained all month?

It's early for teething in our family, but of course always a possibility! None of them have ever acted like they were getting teeth, they just appear lol. But again, she could be different!

Quoting stepconfused182: One little oz? That and the fact that it's a different scale make that a non issue to me.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM
She could have lost 6 ounces when she was sick and just gained 7 but you only see 1, you know?

And teething: My first 4 babies didn't get teeth until 6 or 7 months. Yet my fifth baby her just cut her first tooth yesterday and she hits 4 months tomorrow. I'd say those 4 kids should have established pretty solid *history* yet this baby goes and bucks the trend. :-/ You never know. I really expected we were going to just be preteething for a couple months.

Quoting PoodleMum: Even if she hasn't gained all month?

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:07 PM
And the odds of two random scales being calibrated ounce to ounce are slim. I wouldn't put too much stock in the different weight.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Treat the teething pain. When you say diaper count has dropped, how many are you getting in 24 hours? Are her poops still soft? It's not unusual for them to go down to 5-6 diapers at this point.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM
This and everything else said above!^^^

Quoting mostlymaydays: And the odds of two random scales being calibrated ounce to ounce are slim. I wouldn't put too much stock in the different weight.
gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Doesn't sound like the ties. It sounds like different scales and the illness.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)