Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i wish I knew this more before kids

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM
  • 13 Replies
http://jezebel.com/5885739/what-type-of-nipple-are-you

This talks about nipple types. Before I had kids I had flflat nipples. I didn't realize how that would effect breastfeeding with the first baby, and I didn't know that they would protrude perminantly after we continued to nurse.

Edit: It did effect bresstfeeding, as in it took patience to get my baby to latch, but the most surprising tJing for me was that I didn't realize that there were so many people like me, or with different shapes.
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:33 PM
I have one flat nipple. But I think it's better that I didn't know much about flat nipples or I would have been in a panic and set myself up expecting a problem I didn't end up having. I swear if I knew half of this back then I probably would have assumed Id never make it.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM
I should have expanded what I meant. I meant to say that I wish I new how normal it is tO have flat nipples or anything other than protruding nipples.

Quoting mostlymaydays: I have one flat nipple. But I think it's better that I didn't know much about flat nipples or I would have been in a panic and set myself up expecting a problem I didn't end up having. I swear if I knew half of this back then I probably would have assumed Id never make it.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Ah. Seriously! We see it here all the time, the people who expect to be doomed because they don't have some perfect nipples. Even worse, that doctors or even LCs make them feel like they have a problem. :-(

Quoting Precious333: I should have expanded what I meant. I meant to say that I wish I new how normal it is tO have flat nipples or anything other than protruding nipples.

Quoting mostlymaydays: I have one flat nipple. But I think it's better that I didn't know much about flat nipples or I would have been in a panic and set myself up expecting a problem I didn't end up having. I swear if I knew half of this back then I probably would have assumed Id never make it.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Yes! With all those ignorant limitations some put on breastfeeding it would be surprising if anyone could!

Quoting mostlymaydays: Ah. Seriously! We see it here all the time, the people who expect to be doomed because they don't have some perfect nipples. Even worse, that doctors or even LCs make them feel like they have a problem. :-(

Quoting Precious333: I should have expanded what I meant. I meant to say that I wish I new how normal it is tO have flat nipples or anything other than protruding nipples.

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM
I wish I had known about lip and tongue ties.
gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Any nipple is a perfect nipple, and my observation has been that more women have flat than anything else.

HazelBug
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 4:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I've always had protruding nipples. I have to wear a padded bra to avoid headlights. Sometimes that doesn't work. I never associated protruding nipples with arousal though. To me it was just normal to poke out. I was suprised when I found out not everybody did. My left nipple is wider than my right. It is easier to get baby latched to my right side.
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM
I have headlight to.
Dh jokes he could tee off them.

Quoting HazelBug: I've always had protruding nipples. I have to wear a padded bra to avoid headlights. Sometimes that doesn't work. I never associated protruding nipples with arousal though. To me it was just normal to poke out. I was suprised when I found out not everybody did. My left nipple is wider than my right. It is easier to get baby latched to my right side.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Mine protude (except when I was seriously engorged), but one is straight ahead and the other more to the side. Football hold was easier on one side than the other.
Seximama23
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I was told I dont have stretchy nipples lol mine are flatish they come out with nursing but go right back lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)