Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nipple shells

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have one "normal" nipple and one "flattish" nipple. After pumping for 22mo for my son they both erected perfectly. I haven't pumped since July when I dried up due to pregnancy. Now my nipple is flattish again. I am 34 weeks and baby will be here soon. When should I start wearing a shell to draw the nipple out more?
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:15 AM
You could start wearing them now, according to your comfort level/nipple tenderness.
hnischke
by Heather on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Do you know for how long each day?

Quoting MusherMaggie: You could start wearing them now, according to your comfort level/nipple tenderness.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Quoting hnischke: Do you know for how long each day?

Quoting MusherMaggie: You could start wearing them now, according to your comfort level/nipple tenderness.

As much as you can tolerate. You won't want to sleep in them, and it is probably a good idea to remove them every couple of hours or so if you get sweaty and let some air get to your nipples for a bit.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM

You can start now, for as long as you want. I didn't get introduyced to the shell till after ny son arrived, and I wore them whenever not nurisng or sleeping... so probably about 19-20 hours a day. (Yeah, mine was ALWAYS nursing when he figured out nursing = GOOD!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)