Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kind of sad

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:19 AM
  • 9 Replies

Miss Cassie Mae went to bed again tonight without nursing. Third night in a row. I asked if she wanted to and she said 'no mommy, nugga' (snuggle), rolled over, snuggled in and went to sleep. Hubby says that's great, and it is, but I'm sad and he doesn't get it, lol. Just wanted to share with people that probably will understand.

She still asks pretty often throughout the day, so it's not over yet... But night time was always my favorite time. Just feels like the beginning of the end.

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Baileynzoesmom
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Aww how old is she? My little man is still going strong at 2 years and 2 months. I will be sad too when that time comes :( :(
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM

AWWW mine started doing that around 15-18 months...my now 4.5 year old nurses to sleep here and there now though.  They go in stages.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM

She turned 2 on October 24th, so right around the same age.

Quoting Baileynzoesmom: Aww how old is she? My little man is still going strong at 2 years and 2 months. I will be sad too when that time comes :( :(

Zazayam
by Nicki on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:55 PM

That's really sweet, I hope I've got that much more to look forward to.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

AWWW mine started doing that around 15-18 months...my now 4.5 year old nurses to sleep here and there now though.  They go in stages.

MaryJarrett
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww!!! *hugs* bittersweet!
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Awwww, definitely bittersweet..snuggles are special too though :)
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Im sure you have a long relationship left of nursing...dont be shocked if she hitsa growth spurt and is right back to nursing for bed

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
A few months ago my husband got my son to go to bed before I got home from work. Often on my nights off he will nurse and then go through his night routine with his dad. It was kinda a nice break the first night. Then it just made me sad and feel a little obsolete! He usually only nurses to nap now and even then not always. It's definitely a sad feeling! I know every kid weans eventually, but it is a bittersweet experience for the mama!
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Dec. 30, 2014 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Aw! ☹
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)