• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I am nursing my 1yo for the last time

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 12 Replies
3 moms liked this
My 1yo is nursing to sleep right now. I think it will be the last he nurses as a 1yo. Tomorrow he will be 2!!! I have never nursed a 2yo before! With my daughter my goal was 12 months, we went to almost 23 months. My goal with my son has been 2 years minimum. Now I am thinking self weaning sounds great! He still nurses at least 3 times a day but usually a lot more. I am so grateful we made it to our goal! Even with having to pump while he was in the nicu.

Thanks ladies for all of your knowledge and support! I couldn't have done it with out you!
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Wonderful! Wasn't quite expecting this when I read the heading! :-)
Zazayam
by Nicki on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

That's great! And happy birthday to your lil man :)

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Way to go! That wasn't what I was expecting either!!! Happy birthday to your little guy :-)
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Dec. 29, 2014 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay!!! Happy last night of being 1 years old! :)
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 4:19 AM
Thanks! The little monster woke up at 2am! Lol, I was hoping at 2 he might sleep through the night! ;)

Quoting Zazayam:

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Remember, he doesn't quite know he's two! :-) He will sleep through the night when his body is ready. Most adults don't sleep through the night without waking, either but he will eventually be able to roll over and go back to sleep on his own. Happy Birthday!
Zazayam
by Nicki on Dec. 29, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I keep hoping the same thing, lol. Mine turned 2 back in October and is still up a lot at night sometimes... Some nights she makes it all the way through, though. Progress at least!

Quoting AspensMama1537: Thanks! The little monster woke up at 2am! Lol, I was hoping at 2 he might sleep through the night! ;)
Quoting Zazayam:

Ducks4Life
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

That is great!!!! 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM

WTG momma!! congrats on making a year i am sure you will make 2 no probs

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
A year ago he was waking up 6-9 times a night, so once or so is a big improvement! Some nights he will sleep through the night. They definitely have their own schedule! Lol!

Quoting Zazayam:

I keep hoping the same thing, lol. Mine turned 2 back in October and is still up a lot at night sometimes... Some nights she makes it all the way through, though. Progress at least!

Quoting AspensMama1537: Thanks! The little monster woke up at 2am! Lol, I was hoping at 2 he might sleep through the night! ;)

Quoting Zazayam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)