Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursling having surgery

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:50 AM
  • 19 Replies

My 4th kiddo is 4.5 years old and still nurses generally every other night or so before bed.  He's having dental surgery today and I am scared shitless.  I let him nurse for a good 30 minutes last night when usually my aversion(Im also nursing a 17 month old and 17 weeks pregnant) wont allow him more than a few short minutes.  I don't know if he will nurse again after the surgery, or if he will be able to after losing his front teeth, but please send your good thoughts and prayer my guys way today.  My sweet Asher.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:27 AM
Hugs mama! Best wishes! Be sure to snap a last pic just in case. ;-) I would say I think he will nurse just fine afterwards, Cruz did after he had dental surgery at 2, but his teeth were capped, not extracted. Either way 4.5 years is (obviously) amazing and he is a very lucky little boy to have been nursed this long and handsome too!
locaporbebe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
What a cutie. He will do just fine. My daughter had multiple surgeries and each time it scared the crap out of me. It is our job to worry.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:39 AM
Oops, I thought that said tomorrow, not today, but I'm sure he'll do just fine with the surgery aspect. Try not to worry too much. ;-)
yellow14
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:41 AM
My son was 1 when he had dental surgery, and he nursed right after the surgery! I know your scared! But it will be okay! Good luck!
_lesbhippies_
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM
He's adorable! Sending good vibes your way. I'm sure everything will be fine! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:51 PM
(((HUGS)))
Merrick17
by Corrine on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:48 PM
I hope all goes well. Mine is having hers in about a week. Thoughts and prayers to all of you.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:55 PM
How is he doing?
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:27 PM
4 moms liked this

We just got home a bit ago, he did great...missing 2 front teeth and had 6 crowns...when the front broke they cause the other 4 front teeth to get extra issues..and his lip tie didnt help much(they cut that during surgery)

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:18 PM
Glad to hear everything went well!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

We just got home a bit ago, he did great...missing 2 front teeth and had 6 crowns...when the front broke they cause the other 4 front teeth to get extra issues..and his lip tie didnt help much(they cut that during surgery)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)