Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Engorged when baby sleeps!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:38 AM
  • 3 Replies
My 2 month old baby likes to nurse every hour to two hours all day long.. I used to wake her every two hours at night to eat but now I've stopped feeding by the clock and waking her so she sleeps 3 to 5 hours in a stretch at night and I end up engorged :( I can deal with the discomfort if its the right thing to do, I just worry that I'll hurt my supply this way. We had a difficult latch so I pumped exclusively until she latched at 3 weeks old. I could pump at night.. But who wants to do that !
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:25 PM
If her diaper count is good, it's fine to let her sleep. If you need to, hand express just enough for relief. She may again wake more often at night as she goes through subsequent growth spurts. Supply forever adjusts to the demand.
LittleRed80
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:04 PM
You just need some time to adjust. Don't pump extra or you'll never adjust. Do what Maggie says if it's too uncomfortable.
polkaspots
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:36 PM
If you're planning on needing expressed milk regularly I would pump once. That's what I did when Ds stopped having a midnight feed and started sleeping until 4am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)