Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pain

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
The past couple days both my boobs have felt a lot fuller than they normally do. The right one is not as bad. When my 3 month old nurses on the left side it hurts on the side of it almost feels like i have a huge bruise inside it. It doesnt feel like a clot because i have had one of those before. I havent pumped since i went to work on december 1st for 2 days as i have not had a need. After she nurses on the left side it still feels really full/engorged. I decided to pump after she nursed on both sides this morning before her nap. I got 3/4 ounce on left side and half an ounce on right side. The right side feels fine but still feels full but was not able to get anything else out. The left side hurts super bad still even affer pumping like there is a big bruise inside. I also have a milk blister on my left nipple and have had one there before but it didn't cause the boob to hurt just the nipple. Any ideas what the pain could be??
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hmhiggins87
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:30 PM
I also have vasospasm. Could that and the milk blister be causing the pain?
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:43 PM

Yes. I think you just self-diagnosed.

hmhiggins87
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:49 PM
Blah. :-(
It hurts so bad. I have had the Vasospasm and milk blisters separately but never at the same time. The two together is horrible...

Quoting gdiamante:

Yes. I think you just self-diagnosed.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:13 PM
That sounds like a clogged milk duct, not vasospasms. You have the milk blister because of the clogged duct,
lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 3:22 PM
From what i have read you use warm olive oil to soften the blister then kind of scrape the surface of the blister to open it.
I have never had one but i have read about them.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jan. 16, 2015 at 12:59 AM
Yes, this!

Quoting stepconfused182: That sounds like a clogged milk duct, not vasospasms. You have the milk blister because of the clogged duct,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)